Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight plan for Parrot Anafi online

I added information about the distance to the POI and the angle to the POI for each WP.

View attachment 4494
That's awesome abant!
So i don't want to bother you, but giving ideas to make your work more ergonomic for users;-)

You spend lot of place for the headers of the webpage (example: Title "Flucht Plan for Parrot Anafi). This leeads to a flat map to use...just an idea...

[...]Pretty useless for any cinematic footage. :(
Parrot really needs to fix this issue so it works just like Litchi does.

You can clearly see in the graph how the speed changes at every way point and is not smooth. Not usable for video at all.
Right, that is the "progressive" flight feature from Parrot.

That was one of the things I tried to find a "kind of a" workaround to, when my bird did fell during a "critical battery landing" (from 32m's, with 20% battery left) the last (15?) meters down.

Trying to identify, how to minimize the stop and go.
I tried "more wp's" (one of the recommendations of Parrot, somewhere), but that is only an idea, in case the course is flown with very low speed. Because mo wp's, mo stops. Only in very low speed, somewhere below 2m/s (sorry, didn't get closer), that is not really to spot in the video any longer.

Only solution seems to be:
Long straight legs for most of the distance and slowing down to the corners, with low speed curves. Just: Nothing for POI, circles, cinematic video.
Unless: You are speeding up the video in post.

My conclusion:
The anafi is a nice bird, very good material, just the fw is not up to it.
At time it is more a bird for 360x180 Spheres, flying up to 1+km high and in areas, where DJI has nfz listed.
Which makes it, as it is right now, just a "need to have bird" for the few wanting to fly "over the clouds", in my eyes.
But only in case the fw can manage the failsaves to work properly!
Which it failed at least in a couple of "falling out of the air" cases, documented here in the forum.

Plus the "you just get the flight record after the bird lands/after the next restarting of the bird" , it seems a bit risky, I think, even to fly it during warranty times more than a couple of hundred meters away. And better not over water or very difficult to search grounds/tree areas. Because you NEED the bird to restart, reconnect to the FF6, after a chrash, to get you a flight record.
That is just convenient for Parrot, methinks.
Oh:
And you HAVE to upload all of your flights in FF6 into parrots cloud, for warranty!
In case you don't want that, or your FF6 plays "can't connect", is unregistered, ....!

So the hope can just be a Anafi 2, not the 3 cam version from todays event, just a BETTER Anafi, Version 2!

A small change in the mobile version. Now you don't need to scroll the screen to go from parameters to the map. The map is displayed using the button at the top.
1593684436694.png 1593684473205.png

Reactions: zandoli
Right, that is the "progressive" flight feature from Parrot.

That was one of the things I tried to find a "kind of a" workaround to, when my bird did fell during a "critical battery landing" (from 32m's, with 20% battery left) the last (15?) meters down.

Trying to identify, how to minimize the stop and go.
I tried "more wp's" (one of the recommendations of Parrot, somewhere), but that is only an idea, in case the course is flown with very low speed. Because mo wp's, mo stops. Only in very low speed, somewhere below 2m/s (sorry, didn't get closer), that is not really to spot in the video any longer.

Only solution seems to be:
Long straight legs for most of the distance and slowing down to the corners, with low speed curves. Just: Nothing for POI, circles, cinematic video.
Unless: You are speeding up the video in post.

My conclusion:
The anafi is a nice bird, very good material, just the fw is not up to it.
At time it is more a bird for 360x180 Spheres, flying up to 1+km high and in areas, where DJI has nfz listed.
Which makes it, as it is right now, just a "need to have bird" for the few wanting to fly "over the clouds", in my eyes.
But only in case the fw can manage the failsaves to work properly!
Which it failed at least in a couple of "falling out of the air" cases, documented here in the forum.

Plus the "you just get the flight record after the bird lands/after the next restarting of the bird" , it seems a bit risky, I think, even to fly it during warranty times more than a couple of hundred meters away. And better not over water or very difficult to search grounds/tree areas. Because you NEED the bird to restart, reconnect to the FF6, after a chrash, to get you a flight record.
That is just convenient for Parrot, methinks.
Oh:
And you HAVE to upload all of your flights in FF6 into parrots cloud, for warranty!
In case you don't want that, or your FF6 plays "can't connect", is unregistered, ....!

So the hope can just be a Anafi 2, not the 3 cam version from todays event, just a BETTER Anafi, Version 2!

I think it doesn't need a new Anafi...
Couldn't Parrot fix or with Firmware-updates?

@abant
I was wondering if there is a way to insert a waypoint into a already made\save mission. Lets say I decided I needed a extra waypoint someplace in the mission other then the end can I add to my mission?

@abant
I was wondering if there is a way to insert a waypoint into a already made\save mission. Lets say I decided I needed a extra waypoint someplace in the mission other then the end can I add to my mission?

I can offer the following solution.
The original plan with a missing point.
1594649012557.png
I delete all points that are located after the place where I want to add new WP and save it as "part-A".
1594649084066.png
I load the original plan and delete all points that precede the location of new WP and save it as "part-B".
1594649158367.png
I click "Reset" and add parts of the plan and a point between them:

1594649290916.png 1594649374839.png 1594649427087.png

It didn't take long.

P.S. Our company has resumed normal operations and I can no longer devote as much time to this project as I used to during the quarantine. In addition, due to the fact that this application is stable and has a fairly developed functionality, I do not see an urgent need to change anything. Later, when the high season in tourism ends, I will be able to think about further development of the project.

The big problem is to access to the ".contents" folder .. I have used an old release about Itools but ... it's not free !!! and with Imazing or iTunes, no success ..

Rectification : It works with Imazing !!!!

Thanks for the tip, I bought a copy of Imazing which seems like a useful app and it was able to transfer the files to the .Contents folder, and I was thereafter able to open the plan and review it in the FreeFlight6 app.

Reactions: pa911
I haven't come up with a final scheme yet, but at the moment it works like this: on the "Orbit", "Spiral" and "Trefoil" pages, you can create flight plans and delete them. On each of these pages, you only see the corresponding flight plans. But the "Points" page is the main one. Here you can see all the flight plans created on any page, combine them with each other and change them. The main reason for this difference is that the orbits, spirals, and trefoils on the "Points" page are also a set of points, but on other pages they are not points, but mathematical functions that are calculated every time you click "Create flight plan" or "Save".
It has been a long time since I started working on the project, so to get information about working with the app, I recommend reading the "Help" page.
--------------------------------------------------------

On this page, you can create a flight plan for Anafi in the form of an orbit around the POI. The page is in two languages - Spanish and Russian.
After entering all the data, you get a zip archive.The archive contains two files: "savedPlan.json" and "screenshot.png"
If you are using an Android device, unpack the archive to the "sdcard/Free Flight 6 /flightPlan" folder. I don't know the file format for iOS, so I'm not sure it's exactly the same.
After unpacking the archive, a new flight plan will appear in FreeFlight 6.
I didn't have a chance to experience the result. If anyone tries it, I would appreciate your feedback.

Versión española
Русская версия
Englisn version
--------------------------------------------------------

New flight plan model. Flying in a vertical spiral for shooting tower-like objects.
Versión española
Русская версия
English version
---------------------------------------------------------

If you have the opportunity to do so, please upload the video that you shot while using the generated flight plan, indicating the parameters of the plan. This will help other users correctly select the necessary parameters.

Remember that before starting a flight, you must check all the parameters of the plan: the position of the points, the height and speed at each point. Make sure that there are no objects in the flight zone that can become an obstacle.
I have supported you from @sibujacob@hoxx.com

Reactions: abant
Hi,
Sorry, impossible to log ? with my Macbook and my iPad , I use Safari ...

Last edited:
And now? I'm afraid your IP is in PBL list. I disabled this protection, but if I am right, you will encounter this on other sites as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood