Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Not possible whith last version FW :-(

Well... what I do know something... :)

Just today's test to be sure, what I say. Still working, you have to manually editing flightplan text (json) file.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "JANGER, post: 13883, membre: 22"]
Eh bien ... ce que je sais savoir quelque chose ... :)

Juste le test d'aujourd'hui pour être sûr, ce que je dis. Toujours en fonctionnement, vous devez éditer manuellement le fichier de texte flightplan (json).

View attachment 1530
[/CITATION]

How you édit please ?!

Create Flightplan in FF6. Close FF6. Find the .json file with the name of flightplan you saved - you have to use a good files manager, which can show (and allow you to edit) all files inside Android root directory. Open this file in text editor, change the altitude. Be carefull about speed, It is not calculating automatically correctly, you have to fix the speed too between points above 150m, and do not cross 5m/s to be safe.

But why? I really do not see senses to fly so hight, because all landscapes become small without details. We are not astronauts. :)

Reactions: novreis
[QUOTE = "JANGER, post: 13893, membre: 22"]
Créer un plan de vol dans FF6. Fermez FF6. Recherchez le fichier .json portant le nom du plan de vol que vous avez enregistré - vous devez utiliser un bon gestionnaire de fichiers, qui peut afficher (et vous permettre de modifier) tous les fichiers du répertoire racine Android. Ouvrez ce fichier dans l'éditeur de texte, changez l'altitude. Attention à la vitesse, le calcul n’est pas automatique, la vitesse doit également être fixée entre 150 et 150 m, et ne franchissez pas 5 m / s pour plus de sécurité.

Mais pourquoi? Je ne vois vraiment pas les sens voler si haut, parce que tous les paysages deviennent petits sans détails. Nous ne sommes pas des astronautes.:)
[/CITATION]

I don't try .json ??

[QUOTE = "JANGER, post: 13884, miembro: 22"]
Muy buen resultado. Apuesto a que sigues a Anafi en tu coche conduciendo.:)
[/ QUOTE]
if I am driving following the anafi the distance would be reduced and as you can see, it increases

Reactions: zandoli
There was 1 thing that made me feel uncomfortable about this mod...

in the freeflight6 app code, if auto country is false, it skips indoor/outdoor setting... and I don't know exactly what that setting means..
(I only see indoor/outdoor channel settings and map settings in the app codes, but I don't know if there are some other codes in the drone or the controller...)
Java:
     protected void onConnected() {
        if (GroundSdkConfig.get().shouldAutoSelectWifiCountry()) {
            sendDetectedCountry();
            if (this.mReverseGeocoder != null) {
                this.mReverseGeocoder.monitorWith(this.mReverseGeocoderMonitor);
            }
            this.mWifiAccessPoint.country().updateAvailableCodes(Collections.singleton(this.mCountryCode));
            if (this.mEnvironment == Environment.INDOOR) {
                this.mAccessPointBackend.setEnvironment(Environment.OUTDOOR);
            }
            this.mWifiAccessPoint.environment().updateAvailableValues(EnumSet.of(Environment.OUTDOOR));
        }
        this.mWifiAccessPoint.publish();
        this.mWifiScanner.publish();
    }
so I tried another way of modification, and it seems successful.

Original Code was,
Java:
    private void sendDetectedCountry() {
        if (this.mReverseGeocoder != null && this.mReverseGeocoder.getAddress() != null) {
            String countryCode = this.mReverseGeocoder.getAddress().getCountryCode();
            if (countryCode != null && !countryCode.equals(this.mCountryCode)) {
                this.mAccessPointBackend.setCountry(countryCode);
            }
        }
    }

and modified code, after decompile, is,
Java:
    private void sendDetectedCountry() {
        if (this.mReverseGeocoder != null && this.mReverseGeocoder.getAddress() != null) {
            Address address = this.mReverseGeocoder.getAddress();
            String str = "US";
            if (str != null && !str.equals(this.mCountryCode)) {
                this.mAccessPointBackend.setCountry(str);
            }
        }
    }

I modified 2 lines of smali codes, and changed countryCode value from reversegeocoder.getaddress.getcountrycode to "US"
I tested in my home and it seems it works. I see 36~48 channels.

Since this is modifying the source code which is very dangerous way, I will test for a couple of weeks and upload if everything works ok.

This modification won't ask you to do the initial setup using fakeGPS.

Last edited:
ds2atc thank you for all the good work your doing with this,sure helps us all to be honest.
I for one can't wait to check this out ?

@dsatc many thanks bud, again same facility is available regarding uploading, I can possibly do multiple locations for the downloads if it helps.(y)

Best results in FCC with 2.4 or 5GHz ?
Lower frequency radio signals have better range. In theory the 2.4GHz band should give you a more reliable connection. However, in an urban environment with a lot of radio noise, you should choose a frequency that is relatively free from interference. Take a look at this Parrot blog.

Last edited:
I have tested several times with the new mod, and it seems it works without an error.

Since this new method modifies the app code, test this app at least for 1 hour before sending it far away.

You don't need to uninstall the installed FF6. If you select the file on the file browser, it will update itself and keep the app data.
and you don't need to do the initial setup using fakeGPS because this new mod is a FCC mode mod, not country lock mode.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "ds2atc, post: 14763, membre: 1230"]
J'ai testé plusieurs fois avec le nouveau mod, et il semble que cela fonctionne sans erreur.

[URL unfurl = "true"] ff6_6.4.1_FCCMODE.apk [/ URL]

Comme cette nouvelle méthode modifie le code de l'application, testez-la au moins une heure avant de l'envoyer au loin.

Vous n'avez pas besoin de désinstaller le FF6 installé. Si vous sélectionnez le fichier dans le navigateur de fichiers, il se mettra à jour et conservera les données de l'application.
et vous n'avez pas besoin de faire la configuration initiale en utilisant fakeGPS car ce nouveau mod est un mod en mode FCC, pas un mode de verrouillage de pays.
[/CITATION]

Thk !!!

And for the max altitude (max 150m) not possible ?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar