Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

I posted here because my hope is to have a modded app without the autoland function.
That is not what the modded app is for!
Autoland is part of the failsafes
to get the bird down before it falls down (mmhh, did not work for some of us anyway)!

As long the bird works, it is a help.
Just don't forget you can move it horizontally , just not stop the descend
(it is not like on DJIs, where you can overrule the autolanding with the left stick)

I think we will find that Parrot are concentrating on getting this issue with Battery/Anafi battery life calculation given that they will be using FF6 for their $7k bird shortly, and if a customer/Defence Org spends that sort of money, they are going to automatically demand that the product does what it says on the tin.

And also given that this is a major jump for Parrot, they need to show that they can deliver on the goods.

Last thing you want is an assault team on a mission, to find out these expensive eyes you have just been given..... well some land at 40%, some land at 5%, and some you just never see again..... and that's on a good day :)

Serious questions then get asked at a very high level, and saying "Oh sorry we got our calculations wrong" just wont work in these situations.

So they have to get it right first time, or they will lose a lot of face.

I know its frustrating for us, we are more or less the long-term test pilots, but we dont spend enough with them to have the clout.... IMHO.

eventually it will hopefully become a bonus for the Hobby flyers that still have an Anafi!!
I just think, it is not in the FF6!
It is IN the birds and batteries fw

It is NOTHING, the App is be able to change. And I highly doubt, the Anafi USA is running the Anafi firmware!
So unless Parrot is putting a saddle back on, on the "dead horse", the consumer Anafi they not wanna do business with, for firmware debugging:
We will have to live with it!

hi... new in forum and thanks for the modded App. Works fine! Only one thing is missing: the possibility to link to the dronelogbook. Any chance to get this feature back?

One more thing I noticed is, that I am not able to setup manual parameters for the camera eg shutterspeed and ISO.

Of course it is a bug.
But the question is, is it "just" a birds fw bug or also a batt fw bug?

Oh:
And the next step, after flying it to 5% and autolanding at 20, can be falling out of the air.
Mine started to autoland with 20% from 30 meters, but switched to "falling the last 15m", even with 20% shown, just 3-4 seconds later.
How high was your bird, when it started to land?
Just be careful, that happened to others with 40, xx%
There is a horrible wrong calculating of battery status going on, it seems.
Did you update the battery fw. recently.

hello Fanedi from Belgium

I have installed the apk like said in page 1 .. have I something more to do ... how can I see without flying my anafi if it will work ?

Go to settings , then Network and select channel 165 manually . If the channel gets selected, your FCC is activated.

I read Parrot has moved away from the consumer drone market, I think we will not have new fw anymore...

A stupid question :
What's happen, if FCC and automatic Channel selection is avtiv and the Anafi and/or the SC3 want/used Channel 11 or 161? Oder better: what could be happen?
I'll believe, that the app/drone can changed the channel in automatically mode to better channel during flight (but I'm not sure about this one, but I would expected this one)

hi everyone, quick question, in FCC mode it is normal that the altitude limitation is 150 m?
Thank you all and have a nice evening

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow