Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

I know a few are using Auriga, but no feedback one way or the other at the moment. Would be interested to learn if they suffer the same issue with the battery given they are using the Parrot SDK, or whether there is "wiggle room" in their application for them to do something about it.

I just read in a google play review same autoland problem there...that means is a fw problem (or auriga use the same code as ff6)

I have latest fw with battery updated...battery is quite new!
With "new", you mean "not much used"?
Since there is old stock available, you can buy a "new" battery, or even a bird, which is in stock for quite some time! ("My" dealer still has two birds in unopen boxes from end 2018!)
We should really start a list with battery series/numbers from "falling out of the air" incidents!

Looking into this is helping, I think:

Our Serial from the batteries are shorter, but still have (from the end) 6 numbers, 1 letter (month), number (year), letter (don't know ;-)
Going with this, my battery from the fall was produced September 2018 (C8Ixxxxxx), then.
And it was one of the extended 2, the other is just 11 numbers apart.
The bird itself got produced July 2018 (C8Gxxxxxx) and came with one battery with C8Gxxxxxx, too!

So lets see, your "new" battery, what are the first 3 (letter, no., letter) there?

Not agree with that, why I can fly til 5% and random it land at 40%? Same battery.
The funny is that after auto land it can take off again with the remaining 40% with no problem.
As wrote by D95gas this is a bug, also in the Italian forum there's a lot of users with same problem...

Of course it is a bug.
But the question is, is it "just" a birds fw bug or also a batt fw bug?

Oh:
And the next step, after flying it to 5% and autolanding at 20, can be falling out of the air.
Mine started to autoland with 20% from 30 meters, but switched to "falling the last 15m", even with 20% shown, just 3-4 seconds later.
How high was your bird, when it started to land?
Just be careful, that happened to others with 40, xx%
There is a horrible wrong calculating of battery status going on, it seems.

Of course it is a bug.
But the question is, is it "just" a birds fw bug or also a batt fw bug?

Oh:
And the next step, after flying it to 5% and autolanding at 20, can be falling out of the air.
Mine started to autoland with 20% from 30 meters, but switched to "falling the last 15m", even with 20% shown, just 3-4 seconds later.
How high was your bird, when it started to land?
Just be careful, that happened to others with 40, xx%
There is a horrible wrong calculating of battery status going on, it seems.
It was at+600 mt!!

And you are wondering about critical battery landing?
In your case, your bird worked like it should!
It needs about 150-200 seconds to get down from 600m.

So you still have to wait a little time, to complain about that, then . Let the battery get older ;-)

And you are wondering about critical battery landing?
In your case, your bird worked like it should!
It needs about 150-200 seconds to get down from 600m.

So you still have to wait a little time, to complain about that, then . Let the battery get older ;-)
Ok but it starts at 45% battery and just 7 min of flight!

Did you start with 100%?
The critical landing is not about how long you have been in the air.
It is about how long the bird need to land

Just the question would be why it not wanted to go home before.
Or did you cancel that RTH request?

Did you start with 100%?
The critical landing is not about how long you have been in the air.
It is about how long the bird need to land

Just the question would be why it not wanted to go home before.
Or did you cancel that RTH request?
Started at 98%, it starts rth at 60% and autoland after few time, no override by my side

You see, ALL the details show a picture.
I'd say there are still some options for canceling the RTH and starting to land.
But wind, at least , is one and always a possibilty in that height
Which means the 60-40% battery time does not get the bird, where it wanted to be at 40%
Usually the RTH would have gone in that height right over the HP and there it would have started to descend.
But looking on your screenshot, you just moved the bird a little bit, during the auto landing.
Was autolanding almost over HP, perhaps?

And as I wrote, critical landing gets a speed from ~4m/s, so 2.5-3 minutes just descending from 600m barometer height (can be up to 10/15% higher, mine had this difference between Baro height and GPS height, sometimes. Your seems also troubled with height / it shows -100 to -200m), also strong battery usage, I'd say 15+% battery.
What was the batt status after landing?
It might be, that it was just the "autolanding" at the end of an RTH!

And as long the battery is over 11% (I think was it), the bird is starting again.

Don't get me wrong, but aside that we are in the mod app topic, there is not really a malfunction to spot, in your case.
I have more the idea that you misunderstood the autolanding as something unusual at the end of an RTH

I start thinking that this was just a normal RTH from 600m (wasn't it 700+meter? check your pictures):
Starting RTH, flying home on 600m (or even higher), reaching HP, starting to land, pilot correct the position a bit, landed.
Pilot complains about short flighttime

;)
My guess: Your bird is still fine!
You probably could have flown this battery to 5%, direct after the landing, in another flight
Because you doing this hovering just a meter over ground or such.
No need for the fw to calculate a long descend time!

You see, ALL the details show a picture.
I'd say there are still some options for canceling the RTH and starting to land.
But wind, at least , is one and always a possibilty in that height
Which means the 60-40% battery time does not get the bird, where it wanted to be at 40%
Usually the RTH would have gone in that height right over the HP and there it would have started to descend.
But looking on your screenshot, you just moved the bird a little bit, during the auto landing.
Was autolanding almost over HP, perhaps?

And as I wrote, critical landing gets a speed from ~4m/s, so 2.5-3 minutes just descending from 600m barometer height (can be up to 10/15% higher, mine had this difference between Baro height and GPS height, sometimes. Your seems also troubled with height / it shows -100 to -200m), also strong battery usage, I'd say 15+% battery.
What was the batt status after landing?
It might be, that it was just the "autolanding" at the end of an RTH!

And as long the battery is over 11% (I think was it), the bird is starting again.

Don't get me wrong, but aside that we are in the mod app topic, there is not really a malfunction to spot, in your case.
I have more the idea that you misunderstood the autolanding as something unusual at the end of an RTH

I start thinking that this was just a normal RTH from 600m (wasn't it 700+meter? check your pictures):
Starting RTH, flying home on 600m (or even higher), reaching HP, starting to land, pilot correct the position a bit, landed.
Pilot complains about short flighttime

;)
My guess: Your bird is still fine!
You probably could have flown this battery to 5%, direct after the landing, in another flight
Because you doing this hovering just a meter over ground or such.
No need for the fw to calculate a long descend time!
It seems very strange, I usually made flights like this, it never happened that.
Second, the landing was 300 mt far from me and the final battery was 30%
Very dangerous!!! It was close to a big road
How can I trust anymore to flight in some distances?

It seems very strange, I usually made flights like this, it never happened that.
Second, the landing was 300 mt far from me and the final battery was 30%
Very dangerous!!! It was close to a big road
How can I trust anymore to flight in some distances?
Ok, so you bird may start to mess things up, calculating (or just showing?) battery levels wrong.
Other question:
Why have you not tried to fly the bird back?
During "landing" (if it is a critical battery landing), you can fly it towards you.
From 600m down would have been a lot of time to get it back, methinks.

And in case it is "just a landing" on a wrong position, cancle the RTH.

Which I would do anyway, if very high and far away:
To descend gently during the flight back

Yes, anafi and trust is not really 2 sides from one medal, right now!

Ok, so you bird may start to mess things up, calculating (or just showing?) battery levels wrong.
Other question:
Why have you not tried to fly the bird back?
During "landing" (if it is a critical battery landing), you can fly it towards you.
From 600m down would have been a lot of time to get it back, methinks.

And in case it is "just a landing" on a wrong position, cancle the RTH.

Which I would do anyway, if very high and far away:
To descend gently during the flight back

Yes, anafi and trust is not really 2 sides from one medal, right now!
I didnt know you can move the bird during autoland...I will try to do that, I wrote to parrot support anyway

I think you did that by accident
At around 10:30 flight time, your speed goes up from the average ~4 m/s (max. descending speed in critical battery, with no horizontal movement, if I remember that right) to 7.5 m/s.
Just short, but it looks that you did move the right stick, once.

And no offense, but you should look into a couple of things, before you fly next time :
What you can and can not do, during a RTH, landing.
In special if height is your goal: calculate max 12-15 minutes flights, I'd say
I am not sure if the Anafi allows to descend during RTH.
But what should work, even with the Anafi, is to switch on the geofence with a max height (just over the RTH height minimum), if you are far away and very high and RTH kicks in.
Right now I am not sure, if I have tested that with the Anafi.
I am mostly flying my birds back myself, just let the RTH position the bird right, cancel, fly and descend during that flight.

Good luck with Parrot.
I am seeing the service , after they officially declared to stop customer drone business, now more as a "nope, we are not responsible" callcenter!

I think you did that by accident
At around 10:30 flight time, your speed goes up from the average ~4 m/s (max. descending speed in critical battery, with no horizontal movement, if I remember that right) to 7.5 m/s.
Just short, but it looks that you did move the right stick, once.

And no offense, but you should look into a couple of things, before you fly next time :
What you can and can not do, during a RTH, landing.
In special if height is your goal: calculate max 12-15 minutes flights, I'd say
I am not sure if the Anafi allows to descend during RTH.
But what should work, even with the Anafi, is to switch on the geofence with a max height (just over the RTH height minimum), if you are far away and very high and RTH kicks in.
Right now I am not sure, if I have tested that with the Anafi.
I am mostly flying my birds back myself, just let the RTH position the bird right, cancel, fly and descend during that flight.

Good luck with Parrot.
I am seeing the service , after they officially declared to stop customer drone business, now more as a "nope, we are not responsible" callcenter!
Tried again today, same battery. After 2km and 700 mt height battery was at 65%, very similar to the "wrong fly". No rth message appeared, I play a bit there then manually rth. No message appeared. Bird was over my head with 40% battery, i started a flight again, after 750 mt distance auto rth message appeared (battery at 30%) return back and play until 5%.... No autoland message.
That means there's a bug that appear randomly
No doubt

I think we will find that Parrot are concentrating on getting this issue with Battery/Anafi battery life calculation given that they will be using FF6 for their $7k bird shortly, and if a customer/Defence Org spends that sort of money, they are going to automatically demand that the product does what it says on the tin.

And also given that this is a major jump for Parrot, they need to show that they can deliver on the goods.

Last thing you want is an assault team on a mission, to find out these expensive eyes you have just been given..... well some land at 40%, some land at 5%, and some you just never see again..... and that's on a good day :)

Serious questions then get asked at a very high level, and saying "Oh sorry we got our calculations wrong" just wont work in these situations.

So they have to get it right first time, or they will lose a lot of face.

I know its frustrating for us, we are more or less the long-term test pilots, but we dont spend enough with them to have the clout.... IMHO.

eventually it will hopefully become a bonus for the Hobby flyers that still have an Anafi!!

Reactions: Martre
You should really move this to it's own thread, this is for the mod app discussion....

Reactions: Ana789

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320