Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Can this Freeflight mod be used for an Anafi thermal drone

Yes, as far as I am aware the application is the same right across the Anafi spectrum, unless developed by 3rd party, i.e Auriga.... Even the new $7k Anafi will use the same FF6 with hopefully some tweaks we can all use.

Hello
first thanks to all for the Support and infos here. after a longer time i would use my anafi again. the Controller is at 1.6.3 and i used the 6.6.6.9 selectable apk from d2dac.
my anafi is ok version 1.6.1! can i Upgrade to 1.6.8 and fcc is still working?

sorry for this question, but i would not make a mistake and loose maybe old features...
thank you

Reactions: antiquant
Hello, can someone please help me with this problem. It started before couple of days when i installed latest update on my phone, anyway bot sure is it because of that. Im using Huawei P30.
You can see on screenshot what is the problem, and it starting when i use the app, and want to go back on home menu of app, after that it crashes every time i open again app. Tried to unninstal, delete cache, data, clean install, reboot phone, reinstall play store, tried another cable, rename the obb but nothing helped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200718_123825_com.android.systemui.jpg
    Screenshot_20200718_123825_com.android.systemui.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 48
Very glad to see that ds2atc sill goes on upgrading the Anafi.
I sent back my anafi to Amazon a long time ago because the camera was really too soft. A friend of mine had no trouble with his Anafi and the picture was sharp as expected.
I am thinking of buying his Anafi back but I do want the FCC.

I am very pleased to understand that I can release the firmware towards 1.6.8 then after that totally remove the official software and install the 6.6.9 ds2atc's version. This is so simple

Thanks you a lot, really

Very glad to see that ds2atc sill goes on upgrading the Anafi.
I sent back my anafi to Amazon a long time ago because the camera was really too soft. A friend of mine had no trouble with his Anafi and the picture was sharp as expected.
I am thinking of buying his Anafi back but I do want the FCC.

I am very pleased to understand that I can release the firmware towards 1.6.8 then after that totally remove the official software and install the 6.6.9 ds2atc's version. This is so simple

Thanks you a lot, really
Please let me understand, Is the 1.6.8 version of the drone firmware OK to use. I just have the Anafi thermal and it is not allowing me to fly without updating to 1.6.8 fw. Is the 6.6.9 ds2atc's version a mod version of the OEM FF6 . Can you share a link here .

Well... Bad news today..
Il tried to install this New modded version. But I failed.
Impossible to synchronise data.
Here is the error message
View attachment 4219
I tried in wifi, in 4g. Still failed.
I tried to reboot my phone, and tried afin in wifi or in 4g. No success.
So I tried to install the lady apk version, without fcc or ce selection. This version worked before.
But... Same troubles. Impossible to launch the synchronisation....

Then, I tried to install the official app: it works.
But, I lost fcc Channels which I had before, even with this official app...

Is there a solution to reactivate the synchronisation with the mod app?

Thanks

Edit: After few hours of tests, it's OK now:
At the end I had to clean all about data and cache stored in my phone.
FCC is well activated with this modded app. Thank you ;)

And I made a test:
In CE mode, my range in my usual test flight was 1500 meters: as long as when I thought I was in FCC before..
With this modded app, it went to 1900 meters.
So now I can say I'm in FCC mode, only with this modded App.

Thank you ds2atc
How much flight time do you get in the FCC mode compared with CE mode

Well... Bad news today..
Il tried to install this New modded version. But I failed.
Impossible to synchronise data.
Here is the error message
View attachment 4219
I tried in wifi, in 4g. Still failed.
I tried to reboot my phone, and tried afin in wifi or in 4g. No success.
So I tried to install the lady apk version, without fcc or ce selection. This version worked before.
But... Same troubles. Impossible to launch the synchronisation....

Then, I tried to install the official app: it works.
But, I lost fcc Channels which I had before, even with this official app...

Is there a solution to reactivate the synchronisation with the mod app?

Thanks

Edit: After few hours of tests, it's OK now:
At the end I had to clean all about data and cache stored in my phone.
FCC is well activated with this modded app. Thank you ;)

And I made a test:
In CE mode, my range in my usual test flight was 1500 meters: as long as when I thought I was in FCC before..
With this modded app, it went to 1900 meters.
So now I can say I'm in FCC mode, only with this modded App.

Thank you ds2atc
Can you please share the link of the latest FF6 mod app . Thank you

Please let me understand, Is the 1.6.8 version of the drone firmware OK to use. I just have the Anafi thermal and it is not allowing me to fly without updating to 1.6.8 fw. Is the 6.6.9 ds2atc's version a mod version of the OEM FF6 . Can you share a link here .

Yes the 6.6.9 ds2atc's version is a ready to use one.
I installed it some hours ago on a tablet then on my phone

On my tablet I have first installed the official version to be able to upgrade to the last version of the firmware (1.6.8) then I did exactly as ds2atc says at the beginning of this thread. The link is there too.

On my phone, I never had FF6 installed, so I simply installed the mod version.

Internet must be on when installing the mod version. But it makes sense to me that Internet access should be off when using FF6 to avoid to be obliged to upgrade towards the next version?

Some monthes (years...) ago I used one of the very first mod version and the link was considerably more solid in FCC than in CE mode. I do not want the Anafi if the FCC is not available, as the range is too short and not solid enough for me. I red many many last pages of this thread before acquiring a new Anafi. I wanted to be sure that the FCC mode was still available

Hello, can someone please help me with this problem. It started before couple of days when i installed latest update on my phone, anyway bot sure is it because of that. Im using Huawei P30.
You can see on screenshot what is the problem, and it starting when i use the app, and want to go back on home menu of app, after that it crashes every time i open again app. Tried to unninstal, delete cache, data, clean install, reboot phone, reinstall play store, tried another cable, rename the obb but nothing helped.
Don't worry. Only thing is, skyconfroller don't start Freeflight app and you have to start manually.
Or goto freeflight app and delete cache

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 mit Tapatalk

FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC

FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC

FF6_6.6.9.201_FCC

This app has potential risks since its code has been modified.
Do this at your own risk.

Thanks,

- If your Anafi's version is 1.6.3 or lower, you have 2 choices:
1. stay at 1.6.3 since there are some issues with v1.6.4~1.6.7.
2. update your dron with the modded app only
- Update 1.6.4 with 6.6.2.203_FCC
- Update 1.6.5 with 6.6.6.204_FCC

- If you already have updated your drone to 1.6.4 or higher with the original app, you need to wait until Parrot patches the problem with the newer version. Parrot already recognized the problem and said it will be patched with the next version.

- If you have problem while initial synchronization,
1. Install FreeFlight 6 on official Play Store.
2. Navigate to /Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/
3. rename the folder such as com.parrot.freeflight5
4. Uninstall the official app, and install FF6_FCC
5. rename the folder to original
Should this app be installed side by side to the OEM FF6 or do we delete the OEM FF6 apk completely from the smartphone

It is not possible to install side by side the OEM FF6 and the mod FF6. So you need to delete one to be able to install the other one

Anybody have problems with app, every time i want to go back to home page of app (gallery etc.) it crashes, and after that i cannot open it again, first time when i install the app it goes ok till this part. I'm using Huawei P30, i was rollback to older version of android (not to much older) and it was worked couple of times and again same situation. I tried, to delete cache, data, restart device, change the cable, tried both of the app from play store and modded, nothing helped...

Could you check the restrictions of the app?
Maybe you've forbidden something and the phone remember this settings

Could you check the restrictions of the app?
Maybe you've forbidden something and the phone remember this settings
I think that nothing is not forbiden, but i will check it anyway. On my phone it working without problems...

Hello
Today it start autolanding with 40% battery left, no sense...look at the graph, battery has no strange discharge...I used many time this battery with no problem also at 5%
Any idea? It is a fw or sw bug? Is it possible to mod the app for avoid autoland?

Attachments

• graphicView.jpg
    graphicView.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 16
From "The horses mouth" (Brit saying), Parrot are still working on the battery/Anafi calculations.

They are aware of the problem and the inconsistencies around the calculation used by the Anafi to calculate remaining power.

Trouble is these things never seem to have an end because of the fact that no 2 are acting the same, if it were, the resolve would be simple.

Because, some, like yourself who have been flying down to 5% suddenly gets a 40% landing. Clearly something is not being calculated correctly, DJI seem to have almost nailed it, but there still some who get shutdown's and forced landings, the blessing with DJI is there are several options:

• Change % in the DJI Go App, where you are forced to land
  • Changed the settings with 3rd party applications (Or even DJI Assistant) and disable the feature
  • Disable the feature and force use of Non-DJI Battery
Which gives control back to the user, and therefore puts the risk clearly in the hands of the Operator.

It was suggested to Parrot devs that they give us something similar to the "Battery Status" page in the DJI go, it was something they would like to include, but at the time were concentrating their efforts on getting the battery calculation nailed to give the user a better experience.

From "The horses mouth" (Brit saying), Parrot are still working on the battery/Anafi calculations.

They are aware of the problem and the inconsistencies around the calculation used by the Anafi to calculate remaining power.

Trouble is these things never seem to have an end because of the fact that no 2 are acting the same, if it were, the resolve would be simple.

Because, some, like yourself who have been flying down to 5% suddenly gets a 40% landing. Clearly something is not being calculated correctly, DJI seem to have almost nailed it, but there still some who get shutdown's and forced landings, the blessing with DJI is there are several options:

• Change % in the DJI Go App, where you are forced to land
  • Changed the settings with 3rd party applications (Or even DJI Assistant) and disable the feature
  • Disable the feature and force use of Non-DJI Battery
Which gives control back to the user, and therefore puts the risk clearly in the hands of the Operator.

It was suggested to Parrot devs that they give us something similar to the "Battery Status" page in the DJI go, it was something they would like to include, but at the time were concentrating their efforts on getting the battery calculation nailed to give the user a better experience.
Interesting, but time is running and still no solution, I wrote to parrot one year ago, I had same problem and after several release the problem is still there...

Interesting, but still there is so little will "in" Parrot to just accept the fault for falling birds.

Usully, doesn't matter if the bird/battery has warranty or not, THIS IS A flaw by design.
And still I would like to know, what has made it worse.
Is it just the age of birds/batteries?
Or has it to do with fw 1.6.3?
(seems to me, the "quantity" of these events is rising since short after that update.)

• Unbridle motors to takeoff and fly at all altitudes
  • Faster image capture for the following modes: Timelapse, GPS Lapse, Panorama
  • Faster panorama capture by accelerating the movements of the drone and the gimbal

Interesting, but still there is so little will "in" Parrot to just accept the fault for falling birds.

Usully, doesn't matter if the bird/battery has warranty or not, THIS IS A flaw by design.
And still I would like to know, what has made it worse.
Is it just the age of birds/batteries?
Or has it to do with fw 1.6.3?
(seems to me, the "quantity" of these events is rising since short after that update.)

• Unbridle motors to takeoff and fly at all altitudes
  • Faster image capture for the following modes: Timelapse, GPS Lapse, Panorama
  • Faster panorama capture by accelerating the movements of the drone and the gimbal
I have latest fw with battery updated...battery is quite new!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem