Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

@wandeeparrotanafi, was that flight over a rural area or near to a more 5Ghz unfriendly area e.g lots of tall buildings or other obstructions?
That flight was around housing residential area where actually too much interferences if using 2.4Ghz. A few buildings along the way too. Might upload the video here when I'm free. So far I'm quite happy using channel 165 with that kinda distance :)

I noticed another issue that I didn't have previously on earlier firmware 1.4.1 on the drone itself. Notice in my YouTube video at 5.35 there is a slight skip in the video?

That happened between the first clip and the second clip. I know the recording breaks the footages into 4gb files on the SD card because of the Fat32 format. However the breaks never caused skips this apparent in the previous 1.4.1 firmware update. Can anyone else confirm with me on this issue? My drone's firmware on 1.5.4 which came with 6.5.0 freeflight update.

Last edited:
I noticed another issue that I didn't have previously on earlier firmware 1.4.1 on the drone itself. Notice in my YouTube video at 5.35 there is a slight skip in the video?

That happened between the first clip and the second clip. I know the recording breaks the footages into 4gb files on the SD card because of the Fat32 format. However the breaks never caused skips this apparent in the previous 1.4.1 firmware update. Can anyone else confirm with me on this issue? My drone's firmware on 1.5.4 which came with 6.5.0 freeflight update.

6.5.1 I do not observe.

How do you join two parts? Anafi has bug in mp4 encoding frames enumeration.
When you join two videos by ordinary way, the result is with none skipping/bug.
But when you import videos (like in Adobe Premiere) you lost some frames at the beginning of each part.

Try: MP4Joiner
it connects two parts ideally with no lost.

6.5.1 I do not observe.

How do you join two parts? Anafi has bug in mp4 encoding frames enumeration.
When you join two videos by ordinary way, the result is with none skipping/bug.
But when you import videos (like in Adobe Premiere) you lost some frames at the beginning of each part.

Try: MP4Joiner
it connects two parts ideally with no lost.

I used PowerDirector. What is this 'mp4 encoding frames enumeration' bug? It wasn't there in 1.4.1 footages joined with PD. But I will try using the MP4Joiner you suggested.

Reactions: carlos ramos
I suppose the same skip should happen at 11.10 but it seems fluent

There were only 2 clips. The skip occured I guess because there was a short delay in the recording right after the first clip ended and just before the second clip started.

Edited: What Janger said is right. There are actually no recording skips in either of the clips. Just that PowerDirector cannot combine clips properly even though they are placed side by side on the timeline.

Last edited:
Use the above program, you will not see the skip.

Yes you were absolutely right. I guess this is a bug in PD with the frame skipping and not a bug in the Anafi firmware. With the MP4Joiner's joined clip, there were no loss in frames.

The strangest thing is that the clips from the 1.4.1 firmware joined perfectly in PD.

Last edited:
With the Parrot ground SDK, it became a lot easier to modify codes...
I can change JAVA code and compile it without playing with smali codes..

I tried to change all codes that are related with MaxAltitude, and I found out that the drone's firmware rejects MaxAltitude value if it is larger than 150m.
When ever the app sends Maxaltitude(500), it returns its MaxAltitude as 150[current],0.5[min],150[max]...

Even though the app's Geofence's mMaxaltitude is 500, the drone does not go over 150m.

There is SendMaxAltitude command, but there's no SendMaxAltitudeRange command.
So, the only way to modify 150m maxrange stored in the drone is modifying drone's firmware.
and I don't know how to do it.

Reactions: jogi
Hi, I have a Huawei mate 20 pro, the app does not want to install on the phone, any idea why

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I will have a look and let you know, thanks

Can't seem to find it, will Google on how to turn off on mate 20 pro

No this is all that hapens
c57b69bc2f0a0014f18905893d9b6bac.jpg

I tried to change all codes that are related with MaxAltitude, and I found out that the drone's firmware rejects MaxAltitude value if it is larger than 150m.
When ever the app sends Maxaltitude(500), it returns its MaxAltitude as 150[current],0.5[min],150[max]...

Even though the app's Geofence's mMaxaltitude is 500, the drone does not go over 150m.

So, the only way to modify 150m maxrange stored in the drone is modifying drone's firmware.

What about my idea to disable the geofence. You should find it because it outputs a message and changes colors.

No this is all that happens

Uninstall the old app first. The link in the thread takes you to Google Drive, so you'll have to enable "Install unknown apps" in the Settings. I'm not very familiar with Huawei's menu structure, but go the the section in the Settings, where you have a list with the installed apps, and Google Drive should be there. Click on it, and scroll down a bit, until you find "Install unknown apps" and allow it. After that open the link posted here, and try again.

Well, the solution what you made in earlier version, when we could change the height in the Flight Plan mode could still work. Once you're up high, it'll not descend by itself, only if you tell it to.

What about my idea to disable the geofence. You should find it because it outputs a message and changes colors.
What ds2atc found basically means it doesn't matter how you try to fool it, the drone would not go over the 150m limit in normal mode. It could, in Flight Plan, but not in normal.
The app tries to send the max altitude (500m) to the drone, but the drone sends the real max values (150m) back to the app, which resets. Even if you could turn off the visuals and messages in the app, the drone would not go over the limit. The limit is not in the app, but in the drone's firmware, as ds2atc said before.

Interestingly, once you go above 150m the cineshots menu gets greyed out too, and you get the steady nag of "geofence reached". :)

Reactions: Zigzag84

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut