Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

That is because of signing differs from previous installed versions of FreeFlight6!
On my Huawei Android 9 tablet i have exact your problem to install patched version. No hint were given during installation process but adb-installation gives me the correct hint. I guess your phone/tablet Version is Android 9?
Uninstalling of previous version of FreeFlight6 (Playstore) will not work without erasing footprints.
I did not investigate further and have done a quick factory reset (was brand new). After this it was of course no problem to install patched Freeflight6. I've used the app patched by myself because my signing differs to ds2atc and i want to switch back and forward for testing.
Maybe ds2atc can help here...
Regards
Thanks for the tipp... as i also use my old galaxy s3 with android 8, where there is nothing necessary to be saved on this one, i will probably try this tomorrow (installing afert upgrading to 6.5.2 did not work...)
So if i understand you right i do not have to have a free flight 6 to be installed on the phone before i install the patched version?

Thanks for the tipp... as i also use my old galaxy s3 with android 8, where there is nothing necessary to be saved on this one, i will probably try this tomorrow (installing afert upgrading to 6.5.2 did not work...)
So if i understand you right i do not have to have a free flight 6 to be installed on the phone before i install the patched version?
Yes correct. I don't know if android 8 has same restrictions as 9. Please test.
On my phone with 7 there are no problems

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: oxxl
Okay. It is the APK signature sheme v3 that is introduced in android 9.
So i guess app update (playstore) will overwrite (update) patched app but installation of patched app with APK signature sheme v2 will not update original.
I will test this behavior tomorrow

but when i try to install it, it always says "installing" (shows me the progress up to 100%) and at the end it says "installation failed"...
first i thought it was because i used freeflight 6.5.1 - so i updated to 6.5.2 -> same result...
1. Uninstall FreeFlight6 completely on Google Play(search freeflight 6 and uninstall there) before install the modded app if the original app is installed on your device.
2. Make sure "Play Protect" in Google Play is disabled.

Reactions: oxxl
Delete data, and cache of previous app, then uninstall previous app. Install should work after that.

Reactions: jogi
Delete data, and cache of previous app, then uninstall previous app. Install should work after that.
ok thanks,I wiil try latter maybe my huawei p10plus system prevent the app . if it still not working I will try the fakegps to open the FCC maybe because I'm in China. but still thanks a lot:)

yes! I can confirm that for my Android 9 tablet:
before uninstalling app-data have to be deleted - then reinstall is possible - thanks DaveW (y)
Sad: you have to go all the way through settings and must be entered again inkl. obb file-downloading/copiing

p.s. if you have root you can copy /data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6 directory to sd-card and restore it after reinstalling the app - also obb data: /storage/emulated/0/Android/obb

Last edited:
for convenience of rapid change and without anything having to re-enter, i signed the original playstore app in addition to the patched version . In addition, I have corrected some German translation errors.
So I can switch quickly to test at home with low power in the garden and on the field again in fcc mode.

some of you may find it useful to switch quickly between them...

Last edited:
Reactions: Aiden88
1. Uninstall FreeFlight6 completely on Google Play(search freeflight 6 and uninstall there) before install the modded app if the original app is installed on your device.
2. Make sure "Play Protect" in Google Play is disabled.
Thanks a lot, that helped!

for convenience of rapid change and without anything having to re-enter, i signed the original playstore app in addition to the patched version . In addition, I have corrected some German translation errors.
So I can switch quickly to test at home with low power in the garden and on the field again in fcc mode.

some of you may find it useful to switch quickly between them...

You mean that if i want rollback to the original app i have just to reinstall from this apk without re-login to Parrot and configure fly settings?

You mean that if i want rollback to the original app i have just to reinstall from this apk without re-login to Parrot and configure fly settings?
yes all 3 files from post #469 have the same signature so i am able to reinstall (overwrite) vice versa (Android 8/9).
To be legal (at home) i install 'FF6_6.5.2.original.apk' with CE-Mode
At the field the other (patched) ones to use FCC-Mode

There is no mod for ios available.
Easiest way is to buy a cheap android phone to use fcc-Mode

FF6 6.5.2 FCC MODE

FF6 6.5.2 FCC & ALT MODE
(use touch&fly waypoint or flight plan to fly over 150m)

Just install this, then you'll always use FCC mode.

This app has potential risks since its code has been modified.
Do this at your own risk.

Thanks,

OBB for 6.5.2
Download this file if your phone fails synchronization.
1. Download the file
2. Install apk
3. Make a directory(folder) /Android/obb/com.parrot.freefligt6/
4. Copy the file into the directory you created.
Sorry but on my Galaxy tab 3 as soon as it ends installing it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Please help! Thanks

Sorry but on my Galaxy tab 3 as soon as it ends installing it says "APP NOT INSTALLED". Please help! Thanks
1. completely remove the app using play store(do not delete the app on the home screen)
2. disable play protect in app store

Version 6.5.3 is removed on Play Store. Currently the latest version is 6.5.2
If you have already downloaded and installed 6.5.3 modded version, you need to install 6.5.2 again.

6.5.3 FCC
-

6.5.3 FCC+ALT
-

obb(copy this file to /sdcard/Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/ if data synchronization fails)
-

Last edited:
Reactions: jogi and Skassa
6.5.3 FCC

6.5.3 FCC+ALT

obb(copy this file to /sdcard/Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/ if data synchronization failed)
uploading
I haven't tested the modded file(it's midnight here) but it should work since there were no changes on files related to Wifi and Geofence.

Reactions: WILLER and kimber45

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falcon_up