Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Hi All,

I just installed this app for the first time on my anafi, using latest version, but I see no FCC frequencies availablke at all when I go into settings, only the usual UK ones, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance
If this version is installed you should see the FCC channels, if not, you installed wrong one or you haven't uninstalled the original app.

Hola buenos dias, acabo de adquirir un anafi y a cuenta de los problemas que comparado con los dji en el tema cobertura decidi instalar el mod para probar en fcc, el tema es que a mi tampoco me aparece el canal 44 y si le sumo a esto que no veo diferencia entre la cobertura dudo que este en fcc

Hola buenos dias, acabo de adquirir un anafi y a cuenta de los problemas que comparado con los dji en el tema cobertura decidi instalar el mod para probar en fcc, el tema es que a mi tampoco me aparece el canal 44 y si le sumo a esto que no veo diferencia entre la cobertura dudo que este en fcc
Check if your original app is removed completely before installing the mod.
Some of smartphone manufacturers added a function to delaying uninstall procedure so that you can rollback when misclicked. The best way to remove an app is doing it in the play store.

Also, check if play protection is disabled.

Is channel 161 not available in UK and any other countries in EU?

In the UK, Band C (ch 149 to 161) can be used for outside point to point WiFi applications but is subject to the requirement of obtaining a license from OFCOM, the UK’s telecommunications regulator. It’s also worth noting that some of these channels fall within the SRD non-WiFi allocation and can be prone to interference. CH165 in my area is completely blotted by a wideband non-WiFi transmission.

Regards

Nidge.

In the UK, Band C (ch 149 to 161) can be used for outside point to point WiFi applications but is subject to the requirement of obtaining a license from OFCOM, the UK’s telecommunications regulator. It’s also worth noting that some of these channels fall within the SRD non-WiFi allocation and can be prone to interference. CH165 in my area is completely blotted by a wideband non-WiFi transmission.

Regards

Nidge.
Thanks for the information. Are there any channels they can be used both in UK and US?
I need at least 1 channel each in 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands

There's an update for the FCC mod.

FCC mode uses more power, so the battery time is shorter than that of CE mode.
Also, sometimes you will need to change it to the CE mode to meet the regulations(when an officer wants to measure your drone's power :D),

So this update will let you choose the mode.

1. CE mode
Set the drone's channel to 11 or 161, and reboot your drone.

2. FCC mode
Choose any other channels available, and reboot.

Once you got connected after reboot, you can change the channel whichever you want.
and with FCC mode, you will see 36 40 44 48 channels are added.

When the country is changed, the app will rearrange the available channels, and because of that, the channel will be set to 6 or 7.
So don't worry.

Last edited:
Changed code is as below,
1576509429829.png

I added some comments on it, so you guys can do this when my Anafi is broken/stolen/lost.

and here are instructions for modifying codes,
1. Go developer.parrot.com
2. Find Android SDK.
3. Follow the instructions on the page.(Install Ubuntu on virtual box, Android-studio, NDK, and etc. Setup git and repo. Build the repository. Load project on android-studio.)
4. Find AnafiWifiAccessPoint.java
5. Find sendDetectedCountry() method.
6. Change the method as above.
7. Build APK
8. Use apk tool to decompile the apk just made. java -jar apktool.jar d apkname.apk -o destinationdirectory
9. Find and open AnafiWifiAccessPoint.smali
10. Copy from .method private sendDetectedCountry()V to .method(you will understand what this means when you open the smali file)
11. Use apktool to decompile the original apk.(of course, the dest directory should be different.)
12. Find and open AnafiWifiAccessPoint.smali
13. Delete the whole sendDetectedCountry() method block, and paste it.
14. Save the file
15. Change directory to where original file is decompiled.
16. Use apktool to build the apk again. java -jar ..\apktool.jar b -o ..\YOURFINALAPKNAME.apk
17. Use keytool to make a keystore.(if you already have one, you won't need this step)
18. Use jarsigner to sign the app. jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore YOURKEYSTORE YOURFINALAPKNAME.apk YOURALIASNAME

muchas gracias por la respuesta, existe solución a dicho problema de sincronizacion?
gracias

[CITA = "ds2atc, publicación: 27100, miembro: 1230"]
El problema de confirmación ya se menciona en el hilo.
[/ CITAR]
REUNIÓ
[QUOTE = "ds2atc, publicación: 27100, miembro: 1230"]
El problema de sincronización ya se menciona en el hilo.
[/CITAR]

Me he leido todo el hilo por segunda vez y no he conseguido encontrar donde se resuelve el problema de sincronizacion en el primer arranque del mod.

[CITA = "ds2atc, publicación: 27100, miembro: 1230"]
El problema de confirmación ya se menciona en el hilo.
[/ CITAR]
REUNIÓ
[QUOTE = "ds2atc, publicación: 27100, miembro: 1230"]
El problema de sincronización ya se menciona en el hilo.
[/CITAR]

Me he leido todo el hilo por segunda vez y no he conseguido encontrar donde se resuelve el problema de sincronizacion en el primer arranque del mod.
No you didn't.
It is described in #1

Has anyone tried if with the latest firmware of anafi 1.63 if the unlock height (with manual flight) remains above 150m?

Last edited:
Just heard that 1.63 is out, wonder if "ds2atc" has managed to get it and work his magic yet for us unfortunate ones forced to use CE mode...... FCC Mode does make a significant different for us.

On a more positive note: Merry Christmas to everyone, and look forward to an exciting New Year

Just heard that 1.63 is out, wonder if "ds2atc" has managed to get it and work his magic yet for us unfortunate ones forced to use CE mode...... FCC Mode does make a significant different for us.

On a more positive note: Merry Christmas to everyone, and look forward to an exciting New Year
Parrot updated only the firmware to 1.63 but the app stay at 6.62 but is the firmware who control max altitude not the app. Need someone test this firmware if go up more than 150 meter with manual flight like the 1.62.

Reactions: Janos_Sz
View attachment 3073
View attachment 3074

To give you a better idea about what we have as standard (UK) and what is available on FCC (USA)

FCC installation complete! Many thanks to ds2atc for his wonderful work.
But in relation to the photo you present, I only have these channels: 36,40,44,48, 149,153,157,161,165.
The channels 52,56,60,64 are not displayed.
Is there something wrong?

The attached photo shows the state of the network in FCC mode, as shown on my phone.20191231_123331[7242].png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante