Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Any way possible for the mod to incorporate a way to trigger the menu for the FPV mode i.e. Phone Camera to Drone Camera and FPV options? Most of us only own normal FPV goggles and the CockpitGlasses 3 isn't sold seperately, maybe it is possible to use one of the controller buttons and use 'Long Press' method to trigger those menus?
Hi! You could actually DIY it with an ordinary inexpensive china-made VR glasses for smartphone (prefer ones with AR=augmented reality capabilities, i.e. option to open backside of your phone with primary camera(s), as far as FPV mode in FF6 has an option to change the view and see through the cam of your phone what exactly is going on) or even Cardboard VR. Parrot FreeFlight 6 app in FPV mode just uses areas in corners and sides of a phone's touchscreen as buttons - they're pushed with pogo-sticks of conductive rubber integrated in CockpitGlasses 3. You could use conductive rubber or something else electroconductive either and do this mod. Just look it up in youtube or switch your FF6 app to FPV mode and try it yourself to find out that areas. BTW, Anafi RC Skycontroller 3 has so few controls that it doesn't worth it to change their functions (and it's not as easy).
Here you go:
If you're too afraid to do-it-yourself then you could ask somebody who has hands grown from the right place to do it for you (if you want it to look better than just two pieces of sticky aluminium foil).

In last video of four there is a good example of reflective decals (3M Scotchlite 3150 or something alike) stuck to Anafi's battery, arms and fuselage. This is good practice to place these on every small drone or RC plane in case it will suddenly lose control, crash or land down out of your sight. With light-reflective decals you significantly rise your chances to find it then, even in the dark (after sunset). The other thing for search your lost models and drones - is miniatured radio beacon with individual power source, duct-taped or integrated into your drone, used with UHF pocket radio or dedicated receiver. There are several models on market, with range up to few miles. No cell phone network signal nor SIM card needed, just civil band UHF radio and optional GPS data (also works without GPS). When you're close enough, this beacon also starts to beep and flash, even when a drone's flight battery fell off. Check it up if you like: tbeacon.org iruntheflight.com (different types of search radio beacons and their manufacturers), RC Finder Beacon: Digital vs Analog (independent project),
I'm not talking about international satellite search and rescue systems with pocket rescue beacons (for mountaineers, hikers, airmen, polar researchers) but about beacons for hobbyists, RC modellers, (tele)pilots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tend Wong
Hello. New with the Anafi. I install the FF6_6.6.1.201_FCC but i can't connect to my Google account as i did with the official app.
It says "There is an error, please try again". What's wrong?

Hello. New with the Anafi. I install the FF6_6.6.1.201_FCC but i can't connect to my Google account as i did with the official app.
It says "There is an error, please try again". What's wrong?
Create & Use your Parrot account

Latest fw, latest FCC mod, man this bird has range! I flew on 5Ghz channel 165, over 1.2kms out, 250m high, from my house in suburbia all the way to the water front in my town of Manly, Australia and was flawless. Did the panoramic photo routine and then headed home. Love this bird! I'm definitely keen to get the FPV version now (with the thicker legs). By far this is the best camera drone I've ever owned.

Just by the thermal mechanical kit for the legs and change it yourself they are for the same anafi body only thing changed is the legs design and back plate of camera otherwise it's all the same the camera is still the same aswell.

Seems to be a new app version out today? There may be release notes but can't access that while travelling...

Seems to be a new app version out today? There may be release notes but can't access that while travelling...
Whats new:

- You can now select the FPV goggles within a list of supported models.
- Quick access to Adobe x Parrot partnership.
- Import your DNG pictures directly into Lightroom.
- Improved thermal to visible transition during active recording.
- Flight Plan: the drone keeps its orientation towards the POI after going behind the waypoint.

Ah - thanks! Good to see updated manual exists too. Hopefully our good colleague will FCC mod it too! :)

[QUOTE = "ds2atc, post: 25954, membre: 1230"]

J'étais tellement occupé cette semaine :RÉ
[/CITATION]

You are the king ✊? Thank you !

Last edited:
Just installed the latest "special version", on my test phone. Same one I always use for these things. never had an issue with the 2 purchased apps, however, this time on installing, its telling me I need to buy the apps again.

Using same account I always use, and done nothing different to what I would normally do.

Just be interested if anyone else had same issue this time.

Going to try removing the app and doing a fresh install and see what happens.

Update:

Tried the same on my tablet, which is the default device for the Anafi, and no problems at all. Purchased applications are still there.

Dont know whats going on with the phone, but certainly not going to lose sleep over .99p :LOL:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking