Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

6.4.3 is very old, this is 6.6.2

Load of new features added including use of Goggles, definitely worth the upgrade, and of course our friend has worked his magic to ensure we in the EU have FCC mode all the time

Reactions: Skassa
6.4.3 is very old, this is 6.6.2

Load of new features added including use of Goggles, definitely worth the upgrade, and of course our friend has worked his magic to ensure we in the EU have FCC mode all the time
? I was not referring to the version, but to yesterday's timetable (6:43 read well), in which the same 6.6.2 was published

? I was not referring to the version, but to yesterday's timetable (6:43 read well), in which the same 6.6.2 was published

Sorry I dont see a 6:43 yesterday..... I do see a 5:43 which was where the release was posted. And that release is the same as what is being referenced in post #821.

I see a 9:43. Maybe a time zone thing. A post # might be more specific.

Hi All, I'm probably missing something here or maybe I don't have my information right but what are the advantages of the modded app now that the official app gives access to the 5Ghz band and there is no ceiling height?

Hi All, I'm probably missing something here or maybe I don't have my information right but what are the advantages of the modded app now that the official app gives access to the 5Ghz band and there is no ceiling height?

It allows US in the EU (UK, etc) to use FCC mode and therefore gain the advantage of increased flight distances, and the ability to use channels that are less crowded in our built up areas.

It increases the power to the device.

If you are USA, etc then you already have FCC mode.

Good article that explains more about FCC & CE modes is HERE

Reactions: Ratmir
It allows US in the EU (UK, etc) to use FCC mode and therefore gain the advantage of increased flight distances, and the ability to use channels that are less crowded in our built up areas.

It increases the power to the device.

If you are USA, etc then you already have FCC mode.

Good article that explains more about FCC & CE modes is HERE

OK thank you, I'm in the EU. I already have the modded app on my tablet and the official app on my phone, after the last official update the official app is showing channel 165 as available, so I was thinking... What's the difference between the official and modded app, but after reading your suggested article, it would appear that the actual signal is stronger in the modded app regardless of channels 1 to 165 being available. Am I on the right track here?

OK thank you, I'm in the EU. I already have the modded app on my tablet and the official app on my phone, after the last official update the official app is showing channel 165 as available, so I was thinking... What's the difference between the official and modded app, but after reading your suggested article, it would appear that the actual signal is stronger in the modded app regardless of channels 1 to 165 being available. Am I on the right track here?
Yes. I suggest to manual set 165 channel in suburban/urban area is less used by other devices and therefore less subject to interference.

FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC

This app has potential risks since its code has been modified.
Do this at your own risk.

Thanks,

If you have problem while initial synchronization,
1. Install FreeFlight 6 on official Play Store.
2. Navigate to /Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/
3. rename the folder such as com.parrot.freeflight5
4. Uninstall the official app, and install FF6_FCC
5. rename the folder to original
it still not work following with your step ,the FCC cna't be open .my phone is a huawei p10plus did this has any other setting to open FCC? I'm in China

Hi!
Can anyone confirm that the 150m height limit is still exist if u flight with (official) iOS app, even if geofence is off?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am running an old tablet with Android 5.0 Lollipop and can only install 6.4.3 mod version, not further versions. Anafi and controller are up-to-date. Any drawback to do so?

Thanks.
Fabien

Hi Guys,

I am running an old tablet with Android 5.0 Lollipop and can only install 6.4.3 mod version, not further versions. Anafi and controller are up-to-date. Any drawback to do so?

Thanks.
Fabien
It will work fine since the controller and the drone communicate using APIs.

Hi All,

I just installed this app for the first time on my anafi, using latest version, but I see no FCC frequencies availablke at all when I go into settings, only the usual UK ones, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame