Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

If it‘s ok for you I‘ll post the 661 FCC mod with your Google API key... btw I learned a lot from your comments on the smali code ...

FF661_FCC_mod

Note: If tested this version with my own API Key, but I rebuilt it for you with ds2atc's Google Key ...
It's ok to use my google API key but If my previous version of FCC mod is installed, it maybe will not update to your build because the signing key is different.

Last edited:
ola a todos acabo de perder en vuelo mi anafi, regresaba de un vuelo de 2 km y cuand
FF6_6.6.1.201_FCC

Recently parrot updated the app frequently without mentioning it, so I added the full version code on the file name, which is 60601201.

Thanks ds2atc for updating the ff6. I just test it this afternoon and find that the connection is weaker comparing to previous version at 6.5.2. Warning signals of pool wifi connection are frequently popped up.

I fly in rural area near the seashore and do not expect suffering strong interference.

I don't know why.

My current firmwares are

FF6 - 6.6.1.201 FCC
Anafi - 1.6.1 rc4
SC - 1.6.2

Thanks ds2atc for updating the ff6. I just test it this afternoon and find that the connection is weaker comparing to previous version at 6.5.2. Warning signals of pool wifi connection are frequently popped up.

I fly in rural area near the seashore and do not expect suffering strong interference.

I don't know why.

My current firmwares are

FF6 - 6.6.1.201 FCC
Anafi - 1.6.1 rc4
SC - 1.6.2
You see channels from 36 to 48? Try manual channel 165.

You see channels from 36 to 48? Try manual channel 165.

Yes, i saw the channels from 36 to 48. It is real FCC mode but the connection seems to be weaker than before version on ff6 6.5.2.

I don't know why. But it do happen.

Regarding the channel selection, i always choose Auto and believe the system can choose the efficient channel itself for the drone operation.

The question pops up is that is channel 165 is universally good / better connection to all place. Or just for some place. If the channel 165 is jammed also, i need to try another channel.

Do the system choose the channel better than pilot?

Or any other suggestion?

Anyway, i will try to reload the ff6. 6.5.2. FCC again and test it and report there tomorrow night?

Yes, i saw the channels from 36 to 48. It is real FCC mode but the connection seems to be weaker than before version on ff6 6.5.2.

Regarding the channel selection, i always choose Auto and believe the system can choose the efficient channel itself for the drone operation.

The question pops up is that is channel 165 is universally good / better connection to all place. Or just for some place. If the channel 165 is jammed also, i need to try another channel.

Or any other suggestion?

Anyway, i will try to reload the ff6. 6.5.2. FCC again and test it and report there tomorrow night?
Auto channel not good for interference in my country and my CITY (with a lot of interference) 165 channel is the best i got from 1000meter (heavy interference) up to 2500meter (with a few of interference) without obstructions from the controller and the drone.

Reactions: Ratmir
Auto channel not good for interference in my country and my CITY (with a lot of interference) 165 channel is the best i got from 1000meter (heavy interference) up to 2500meter (with a few of interference) without obstructions from the controller and the drone.
That's true. Although Parrot's official blog suggests to use the automatic channel mode, manual 165 was always better than automatic.

Reactions: Skassa

I don't know why.

My current firmwares are

FF6 - 6.6.1.201 FCC
Anafi - 1.6.1 rc4
SC - 1.6.2

Easy way would be to create a flightplan, and run it using 6.5.2_FCC and then 6.6.1_FCC, then check the RSSI of the Wifi signal as recorded in the log files., and compare!

Reactions: Ratmir and d95gas

Or any other suggestion?

I had re-installed the ff6. 6.5.2 FCC again but test in the semi-open area and then Anafi got crashed under insufficient satellite GPS signal.

The Anafi is sent to the Parrot HK for repaired and may test it again on coming Sunday.

That's true. Although Parrot's official blog suggests to use the automatic channel mode, manual 165 was always better than automatic.

ds2atc : Thanks for your information! Will try try on the coming Sunday.

Actually, i have no idea on wifi before and believe the gear will choose the best signal automatically.

If 165 is the better channel, why it will not be chosen in the auto mode under the system?

What channel will the system choose automatically?

I am not good in wif-technology.

But for the dummy pilot (like me), it will be very perfect ........if the system can be fine-tuned so that it can choose the better channel for drone during the flight automatically.

Hallo fellas. I take the freedom to jump in here. Got my Anafi two days ago. Soon 40 pages in this thread - great job.
I updated my drone on delivery. So now -
Anafi 1.6.0
SC 1.6.2
FF 6.6.1

Problems with reach in my area - found this thread looking for solutions.

Am I doomed with Anafi firm. version 1.6.0.
Should be god to know - not to lose hair. No solution - then I have to buy that other "drone" ?. Sweden has weak WiFi.

Hallo fellas. I take the freedom to jump in here. Got my Anafi two days ago. Soon 40 pages in this thread - great job.
I updated my drone on delivery. So now -
Anafi 1.6.0
SC 1.6.2
FF 6.6.1

Problems with reach in my area - found this thread looking for solutions.

Am I doomed with Anafi firm. version 1.6.0.
Should be god to know - not to lose hair. No solution - then I have to buy that other "drone" ?. Sweden has weak WiFi.

I also come across similar situation in HK when i brought and flied the Anafi during the first to three flight, the signal reception was weak and suffering many wifi interference frequently.

Then, i came to here and see some experts using FCC mode can improve the connection between the drone and the controller. Then, i also installed one and found that it was greatly help and you can find back the joy on the flight.

I do not use the other brand drone before. But if you like the anafi, you can try this FF6 FCC mode which do not involve cost to equip further but only change the software to enhance the signal reception under FCC rather than CE mode in most other country.

The problem with to much test/usage of a new drone is that you cannot return it if it in any case is seen to be used. As new!
The risk is there ....that it goes ??. ?

The problem with to much test/usage of a new drone is that you cannot return it if it in any case is seen to be used. As new!
The risk is there ....that it goes ??. ?

It is true that Drone is a risky toy untill you get familiar with its mechanisms.

In fact, i came across over 10 times disconnection and back screen without signal, the anafi still gets its back to home and RTH is really work.

The failure cases are mostly from Pilots error rather than the drone's problem in present moment.

Anyway, there are different kinds of drone in the market and may try one with lesser cost first.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
OK - problem here was restriktions because of airfields and military instalations and large exercise places also radars etc etc.... and the very chanels left, in both bands, are loaded.

I talked to the "real droners folks" here.
First of all if not connected by uhf/vhf and you are using "hobby wifi drones".
The SC3 has a calibrated compass. That is no fancy wristwatch, pocket full of metal keys, belt buckle etc near the SC3.
Then... the biggest interference might be your phone wifi close to the SC3.. that is place your own phone wifi in airplane-mode. Also keep away from building/roofs/container/large trucks etc on which signals are bouncing around (reflecting) in every direction.
Thinking on that really helps!

However - I decided to return my Anafi... ?... however "cash is king" ?... nothing lost. I'll talk to the real droner folks and listen to them.

I'll be back!!!! ??

Reactions: Seven Ng
Hello, can someone upload the 6.6.1.201 mob file please ? I opened while connected to internet but always got the sync error :(

1/ Download the apk to your phone.
2/ Uninstall old FF6 - restart phone to be sure of a clean unintall of the old FF6.
3/ Be sure you have a good APK-installer from google play installed.
4/ With a good filemananager find the downloaded file. (find on on google play)
5/Tap it - on choice chose your
downloaded APK-installer. Wait out!
6/ Reboot phone to be sure of a clean start.

Enjoy!

Hello, can someone upload the 6.6.1.201 mob file please ? I opened while connected to internet but always got the sync error :(

Hello, so I have a weird bug on my phone. So everything is fine on my iPhone, but when I use my Android phone (mod & normal app) I got a weird green screen. I'm using LineageOS 16 Android 9 on a Galaxy S4. Is it a graphic driver issue ? Too old ?

Attachments

• IMG_8738.JPG
    IMG_8738.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 29

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville