Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Now my turn to drop from the sky! At last.

Doesn't sound good!
updated to latest, bird and battery?
It was updated with the latest battery.
The "bird" is now dead. A dead polly! (to quote Monty Python)
A new Anafi is now on its way to me.
I am looking to the future, not dwelling on the past.
Before flying the new Anafi, I will be checking the installed software versions and decide if it needs updating.
Thank you for your concern.
Regards
Douglas

If anyone would like to see what I did with the video shots I managed to capture that day, before the drop from the sky, you can watch the video over on the Photo and Video section of the Forums at THIS POST
Regards
Douglas
Anafi nr.4 arrived from Parrot Japan today.
No chance to fly yet, as we are in the the "rainy season" just now.
I did notice that they had the latest updates for the Anafi and controller already installed.
Regards
Douglas

Good to know Douglas
I am wondering how Parrot Japan handles the warranty period when you get a new one. I know when I finally got a replacement Parrot USA just added three months onto my warranty. I made sure I had this in writing from Parrot. Does Parrot Japan do the same?

Just so I am not confused, was the Anafi out of warranty on the day of the crash or over time did your warranty run out? If the it just ran out that is just wrong they denied a claim. If it was me I would look for something else to buy just based on Parrots handling of the many cases we have seen in this forum. In all my years of flying UAV's I have never seen a more useless Customer Support for a company.
Not as cheap as a Anafi but I would look into the new EVO II from Autel.

Good to know Douglas
I am wondering how Parrot Japan handles the warranty period when you get a new one. I know when I finally got a replacement Parrot USA just added three months onto my warranty. I made sure I had this in writing from Parrot. Does Parrot Japan do the same?
Hello Agustine,
We contacted Parrot Japan today to ask about the guarantee period.
The reply was pretty much what I expected. (No luck, like you had!)
The3 replacement Anafi assumes the guarantee of the defective Anafi.
In other words our receipt from Amazon now becomes the receipt for the replacement and the guarantee is from the date of purchase from Amazon.
Luckily the sky-drop happened after only 1 month. So still 11 more months to go.
I can see the logic behind this.
I think it is similar to guarantees in general, worldwide.
Otherwise I could keep "crashing" the Anafi after 10 months or so, get a replacement with another 12 months guarantee - "crash it" after 10 months and get another etc. etc. etc.

It will be another few days until the weather clears up here.
Looking forward to flying, with apprehension! :(

Regards
Douglas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood