Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Dev Team

Considering:

* a major Freeflight update (v6.5)
* a new major update for ANAFI (v1.5)

It sounds a bit underwhelming.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: tx_pilot and Thanev
FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.5, ANAFI V1.5.4, SKYCONTROLLER V1.5.0
New features

• Custom panorama editor (from 360° captures)
  • Two new photo modes: Timelapse & GPS Lapse
  • Swipeable Gallery
  • Video preview directly from the µSD card
  • FreeFlight 6 now supports iPad®

It doesn't look like a major update lol

Incoming
d4f182bad518422f1dc8c8ba55857ec1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yaaaay

Could be worse.Could consider this "much anticipated" release by Parrot a modern marvel.
Yup.Yaaaaay

Well well well, not good enough.

• Style (Nat, plog, int, past) should be visible ALL the time! When lower bar “collapses”, pilot has no idea what Style is on.
  • Still no dng panorama? Come on, at least 4x1, 1x4? 3x2, 2x3?... Should not be too hard to implement this. Bracketing already has max of 7(dngs). No need to merge panorama dngs in FF app.
  • Ev should be adjustable in bracketing.
  • Shooting ONLY dng should be an option
  • Official Anafi plog to rec709 lut still missing?
  • Still trying to figure the best, professional piloting preference setup numbers for the smoothest fly and shoot. Anyone?

I shoot mostly cinematic 2.7k/24 (saves space/time and hard to tell difference to 4k), Plog plus luts (lumafusion app is great).

Dngs are good quality(even free lightroom app fixes distortions and “auto” mode gives very pleasant look) Panorama dngs would be great add. Affinity photo for ipad app is great.

This is a very good camera and drone for the price, minor bugs here and there, but overall very good.

My Galaxy Note 4, I used to fly with before, doesn't get the update on Play Store. :(
No problem with Galaxy Tab A, Note 8.

Well well well, not good enough.

• Ev should be adjustable in bracketing.
  • Shooting ONLY dng should be an option

I can’t agree more on the points you mentioned above ! I have writen to Parrot about the ‘DNG Only’ option to avoid useless processing time during Ev Bracketing, memory space and files written for no reason when only Raw is needed.

They did not answer me, but they answered an other user that asked the exact same question with roughly the following arguments :

- Processing time to convert a Raw files into JPEG is so short it is not worth suppressing the JPEG file conversion and writing it on the SD card.
- Memory usage of a JPEG file is so low compared to a movie, go and buy a larger SD card if you need more memory.

There is also an argument I suppose they don’t officially state : if the average Joe takes a picture with the setting ‘DNG Only’ option, he will open a ticket asking why he can’t see his picture with standard image viewers or editors...

That is why we probably will never see a ‘DNG Only’ option on the Anafi...

My Galaxy Note 4, I used to fly with before, doesn't get the update on Play Store. :(
No problem with Galaxy Tab A, Note 8.
Yes I have noticed my Lenovo tablet will not see the new App. I have tried extracting the APK from my phone and installing it on my Lenovo but he comes up with a parsing error. Parrot might fix this as they have in the past.

Funny thing is the App store still says it is compatible :unsure:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320