Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

People are experimenting with different batteries on the Facebook Groups

Hi Everybody ! I'm the guy who did that . Actually , I don't know the Amp in real time ,I will see that . The question today is to know the KV motor (voltage output ESC) to get stabilize in stationnary mode . The objective to that , It's just to have a drone , for photogrametry and survey for telecom tower , I don't care about going fast or Far (I have another stuff for that ) . Actually , the BMS don't understant the voltage between Li-ion and Lipo HV,normal . Lipo HV and Li-ion is different technology to get different use .For their objective , the Li-ion system is the best choice for that (for me ) ,the problem is more software ,I don't need something who going to 10m/S ,I need precise spec to adapt for my use and mod the soft.And my system permit to be more awarness about the battery health and shunt the problematic about anafi charger .I don't know it's the best solution ,but ,I will check that !

Reactions: BRC
I will to see you two video about that , the li-ion system is use for different thing ,since many years ago , et the li-ion limitation is may be less restrictive for calm flight .Make your opinion :

-

-

Hi Everybody ! I'm the guy who did that . Actually , I don't know the Amp in real time ,I will see that . The question today is to know the KV motor (voltage output ESC) to get stabilize in stationnary mode . The objective to that , It's just to have a drone , for photogrametry and survey for telecom tower , I don't care about going fast or Far (I have another stuff for that ) . Actually , the BMS don't understant the voltage between Li-ion and Lipo HV,normal . Lipo HV and Li-ion is different technology to get different use .For their objective , the Li-ion system is the best choice for that (for me ) ,the problem is more software ,I don't need something who going to 10m/S ,I need precise spec to adapt for my use and mod the soft.And my system permit to be more awarness about the battery health and shunt the problematic about anafi charger .I don't know it's the best solution ,but ,I will check that !
Here you can see the video recording of the Anafi current while floating:
(I wrote to you on Youtube)

Reactions: Bud FPV
I'm sorry it doesn't support at least 8C.
And because of the tension, it would be so good ...
Just add 1 x 3.7 Volt Li Poly in parallel to the the original battery so that in case if a cell has a lower voltage than 2.8V , the other one takes over by fooling the battery management system. The connection for this third cell has to be thro' the balance wire and NOT thro' the main battery cable. This in turn will reduce the probability of a shutdown in mid air.

I am struggling to understand how that works to cover either cell being low voltage. Do you have a wiring diagram?
Actually I am trying to get a old battery to test. Mine is a thermal and just few months old ...it is still under warranty.

I still do not think that your theory will work when using an additional 1S battery. Exactly how will you connect it? You say to the balance port but where will you connect the other lead from the additional battery?

Ground..

I am also experimenting this case and not too sure but i 'll crack Parrot's nut

Just add 1 x 3.7 Volt Li Poly in parallel to the the original battery so that in case if a cell has a lower voltage than 2.8V , the other one takes over by fooling the battery management system. The connection for this third cell has to be thro' the balance wire and NOT thro' the main battery cable. This in turn will reduce the probability of a shutdown in mid air.
Ok ,you are a 3S battery ,personally ,If I need to do that ,I change the Lipo HV directly ,and keep the 2S system . More simple .

2s LiHV = 2x4,35 = 8,7V
3s LiPo = 3x4,2 = 12,6V Anafi cannot handle this higher voltage, it will fail.
3s LiHV = 3x4,35 = 13,05V Anafi cannot handle this higher voltage, it will fail.
actually the Anafi USA is indicating 3S battery configuration

The Anafi USA was designed to use a 3S battery and will have the electronics and voltage regulators to handle that voltage. The Anafi's that we have are only designed for 2S and the electronics will not handle the 3S voltage. The only way that you could use 3S batteries is to also use a voltage regulator to bring the voltage down to about 8.7v maximum before it is connected to the Anafi body.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Anafi USa is a different drone , 3S systems , Different PID ,different motor ect ..... Look lie a anafi , but different !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44