Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

The main issue is around:

1. Upgrading the Anafi PAST 1.63. Up until this point we had the perfect drone, including FCC mode with the APK
  2. Upgrading the batteries - This has the been the cause of Anafai's dropping from the skies.
If you upgrade and can stick with an old version, then I would say stay where you are. The modded APK file will give you the FCC mode, and the 1.63 was the perfect firmware for many of us, so you dont want to go above that.

Reactions: crossroad
The main issue is around:

1. Upgrading the Anafi PAST 1.63. Up until this point we had the perfect drone, including FCC mode with the APK
  2. Upgrading the batteries - This has the been the cause of Anafai's dropping from the skies.
If you upgrade and can stick with an old version, then I would say stay where you are. The modded APK file will give you the FCC mode, and the 1.63 was the perfect firmware for many of us, so you dont want to go above that.
I think that DeWe wants to say that he has lower FW versions than 1.6.3 for Anafi and 1.6.2 for SC3. FF6 6.6.2.203_FCC (or FCC selectable) mod app downloads obb file with f*ckn 1.6.4 FW and suggests to upgrade drone's fw.
I SUGGEST YOU NOT TO DO IT. You can stay with this modded FF6 6.6.2.203_FCC ignoring its urges for upgrade. Either you can seek for previous .OBB file with good old 1.6.3 FW for Anafi, that FF6 6.6.2.203_FCC can install as well (but in that case you'll have to turn off all internet connections for the app and replace the existing .OBB file containing devilish 1.6.4 fw in the dedicated directory Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6 BEFORE updating your bird and SC3). The correct routine is described somewhere in the middle of this thread.
Simple advice: if everything is Hunky Dory (working as it should) - better just do nothing.

Last edited:
Thx for the answer.
If I understand it's right, it will be better to roll back from mod version 6.6.2.203 to the 6.6.0.1 which is matched the firmware for the SC3 and Anafi

Thx for the answer.
If I understand it's right, it will be better to roll back from mod version 6.6.2.203 to the 6.6.0.1 which is matched the firmware for the SC3 and Anafi
Well, modded app FF6 6.6.2.203_FCC (Selectable) could download original .obb files from Google Play store with fw 1.6.1 (sc3 fw 1.6.2), fw 1.6.3 (sc3 fw 1.6.2) and glitchy fw 1.6.4 (sc3 fw 1.6.3). In every case the name of the file was main.60602203.com.parrot.freeflight6.obb
Original app FF6 6.6.2.203 initially was published at 24th of October, 2019 with fw updates 1.6.1 for Anafi and 1.6.2 for sc3. That version of original apk bundled with obb is available at different apk aggregation sites (apkpure and so on). You can download and install one (turn off wifi and turn on flight mode during installation), forbid it to use any internet connection, - then copy the .obb file somewhere else, delete the app, then install modded FF6 6.6.2.203_FCC, don't run it, then again forbid the app to use networks and copy previously saved .obb back to its directory (you'll have to create a folder Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6 ) and run the app. Then you, at least, can update your Anafi to fw 1.6.1 and your skycontroller 3 - to fw 1.6.2 (I have the same) - but as soon as you permit the app to use network (for logging in your "My Parrot drones whatever" account to restore your in-app purchases, to downloading maps, etc) - it'll download the obb with latest fw available and will start prompting you for update again.
I seek for the .obb file with anafi fw 1.6.3 myself. I actually did all the mentioned above and it works (though I've already had 1.6.1 fw for anafi so far - so, app without network says anafi is up to date). The .obb file with 1.6.1 fw (and 1.6.2 for sc3) is here (just delete '.fw161sc162' in the end of the file name before using it): 163.99 MB file on MEGA

Last edited:
I see some people are using a sw called Auriga, is now on beta for the anafi, there is the option to set USA zone, I don't need because I'm on FCC but i'm curious to see if it works on the new firmwares

I'm a little Bit confused with the Version no.
If I extract the full pakage Main 60602203 contains Anafi 1.6.0 / SC3 1.6.1

I would expected that a higher Vision is included(so as you said: 1.6.2 (SC3) and 1.6.3 (Anafi)
If I let the apk FF 6.6.2 download the obb, the Main. 60602203 Name is the same, but I can't open the file....

I see some people are using a sw called Auriga, is now on beta for the anafi, there is the option to set USA zone, I don't need because I'm on FCC but i'm curious to see if it works on the new firmwares
Thats Great for the future... I'm own the app for the Disco :)

I'm a little Bit confused with the Version no.
If I extract the full pakage Main 60602203 contains Anafi 1.6.0 / SC3 1.6.1

I would expected that a higher Vision is included(so as you said: 1.6.2 (SC3) and 1.6.3 (Anafi)
If I let the apk FF 6.6.2 download the obb, the Main. 60602203 Name is the same, but I can't open the file....
Usually, .obb file isn't included in the .apk file (if that apk is downloaded from Google PlayMarket it shouldn't be bigger than 100MB - because of this limitation an obb file with additional data is downloaded from somewhere else). The filenames in the obb archive can be incorrect, may not match the actual contained fw version numbers or they can indicate only major version number (1.6). The only way is to compare the fw files from different obb's bit-by-bit (here is obb with glitchy 1.6.4, don't confuse them! : 0 byte file on MEGA ). Or - just look in the app what it got, don't over complicate things.
I've made some corrections in my previous reply. You don't need to open the .obb file, the app will do it. You need to place this file in the mentioned folder just BEFORE you run for the first time freshly installed the modded app FF6 6.6.2.203_FCC_Selectable. Then you run the app with turned down networks (or just forbid it to use any, wifi and 3g/4g/5g). Then look what it has (don't agree to update unless you have checked what version the app is going to update your bird with). In a file with the name main.60602203.com.parrot.freeflight6.obb can be any fw, up to 1.6.7. (the name of the file indicates only for what version of the apk it is). It depends on where did you get this file. If you get it officially - it will be the latest fw in there, for sure. I've put the link to the .obb with 1.6.1/1.6.2. Now I'm frustrating where to get 1.6.3/1.6.2. Although, do I really need this update? Can I enjoy the life without it?

Last edited:

This software is only for iOS users. No Android option at this time.

Thx for replay.
I've dl the file above.
I know that the obb doesn't include the apk, but (I'll believe) you can See the included FW Version.
So as you see, there is still the 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 included.
So I will stay on this Version (1.6.1/1.6.0) , but with the FCC Version 203 from here,.
The FCC Version knows from a short contact into the internet, that the Version 1.6.2 (SC3) and 1.6.7 (Anafi) is available and offer to download this version.
26826ce942f2457cd913cab33ae556ea.jpg

Today I've make another try, about the comment that the visible Firmware Version (file Name) is another as the included FW.
I have deinstalled Freeflight, reboot the tablet, installed the mod Freeflight 203 and copy the obb from the Post above. All the time all Internet connetion are off. After Start the app, connect the controller and the switch on the Anafi, no Update was available. The app told me, that I'm uptodate. This means, that the included Version in the obb matched the installed Version (1.6.0/1.61). After switch on the internet connection for logon and prepare the maps, the app offered /indicate the update to the newest version. The firmware is in this moment not on the tablet and the app will be download this one by request.

Reactions: antiquant

At the moment the "Country Selection" option would not work. The developers of various 3rd party applications were hit the same way users were with 1.6.4, it locked the "Countrycode" selection out, and its this that everyone is waiting for Parrot to fix.

Their latest comment on the forum says they are very aware of the issue, and they now know how to fix it, and this will be done in the next firmware release for the Anafi.

that said it was supposed to happen in 1.6.7 and it didnt. So now we are just waiting for Parrot devs.

FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC

FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC

This app has potential risks since its code has been modified.
Do this at your own risk.

Thanks,

- If your Anafi's version is 1.6.3 or lower, you have 2 choices:
1. stay at 1.6.3 since there are some issues with v1.6.4~1.6.7.
2. update your dron with the modded app only
- Update 1.6.4 with 6.6.2.203_FCC
- Update 1.6.5 with 6.6.6.204_FCC

- If you already have updated your drone to 1.6.4 or higher with the original app, you need to wait until Parrot patches the problem with the newer version. Parrot already recognized the problem and said it will be patched with the next version.

- If you have problem while initial synchronization,
1. Install FreeFlight 6 on official Play Store.
2. Navigate to /Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/
3. rename the folder such as com.parrot.freeflight5
4. Uninstall the official app, and install FF6_FCC
5. rename the folder to original

Hello from Greece.
I hope you are in good health.
Here we are in totally lockdown and for this reason it is not possible to make flights.
I have stayed with version FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC and 1.6.3 FW.
Today I opened the application on my phone and saw that there is a notification for an upgrade to 1.6.7.
I think if I try to do the upgrade using version FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC it is very likely that I will stay in fcc mod.Your opinion?
A question :
How do I install version FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC?
Just uninstall the old FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC version with any apk manager application? And the OBB Files ?

Hello from Greece.
I hope you are in good health.
Here we are in totally lockdown and for this reason it is not possible to make flights.
I have stayed with version FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC and 1.6.3 FW.
Today I opened the application on my phone and saw that there is a notification for an upgrade to 1.6.7.
I think if I try to do the upgrade using version FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC it is very likely that I will stay in fcc mod.Your opinion?
A question :
How do I install version FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC?
Just uninstall the old FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC version with any apk manager application? And the OBB Files ?
I suggest you do nothing! Enjoy flying and the benefits of the FCC.
For me, too, this combination works, and I can't think of upgrading, since everything works perfectly.
As the saying goes: don’t fix what hasn’t gone wrong!

I am, like some other members, also currently on Anafi Firmware 1.6.3 and I am not going to update until a proven good stable version is released. I would suggest that you do the same.

Could you check if in your obb the 1.6.3 firmware and if yes: could you share this version, please?

Hello to all.
New user here, hope that we flight good together.
I want to install moded app for controler but keep telling me need to synchronize data and stops there, i check internet everything is ok. My phone is Huawei P30. And im waiting my drone to come tomorow i was trying without drone can it that be problem?

You need the .obb file download by your self. Every version has a other obb file. Normaly it’s come from the servers of Parrot but the mod app can not download that. Search in this treath for obb file how to download and install it.

Have a great flight

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: Illirijus89
You need the .obb file download by your self. Every version has a other obb file. Normaly it’s come from the servers of Parrot but the mod app can not download that. Search in this treath for obb file how to download and install it.

Have a great flight

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Ok, thank you. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave01