Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

no not tried that, sure I still have it, will give it a go. Nothing to lose now :-(
I found a file in android root:
Root/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/shared_prefs/firmware.xml.if delete it clear the notify to upgrade new firmware and if open it i see the internet path download the firmware:
Block with firwall or in the host and firmware not update anymore.

Reactions: Ana789
interesting. Presume this was on the Tablet/Phone as opposed to the Anafi or Controller. Will have a look now

I found a file in android root:
Root/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/shared_prefs/firmware.xml.if delete it clear the notify to upgrade new firmware and if open it i see the internet path download the firmware:
Block with firwall or in the host and firmware not update anymore.

Yes found it, and will block that we address with Firewall. I also found another file "reverse_geocoder.xml" which I assume is where it gets location details from. Mind has obviously picked up from FakeGPS as its showing me in "Baltimore" so obviously the app is picking up my location, just cannot see why its not switching to FCC mode in that case.A

Ultimately it could be a bug in the 1.64 firmware. Need an OBB file from that RC1 application as that will have the firmware files embedded in the OBB

Also just found a file "com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.drd.PREFERENCES_FILE.xml" which has "LegalCountry">GB......" in it

Yes no 36 to 48 ch no FCC. You update to 1.64 with modded app or with last app from playstore?
I update to 1.64 from oryginal app 6.6.5 on iPhone. But i use mode app on Android to fly.

@Skassa I am assuming you have FCC mode. Any chance you can copy over the contents of the file:
com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.drd.PREFERENCES_FILE.xml from your device. its in the same folder as the one you previously mentioned (root \ data\data\etc)

There is nothing personal in it, but am interested in what it has for Country Code, and how this reflects to your actual country

So is the general consensus not to update the Anafi as Parrot have done something to over-ride the Mod app???

Is there any way to stop the update when you go into the app? I'm assuming just disabling wifi/data so that it doesnt pickup the update and forces the Anafi to update before flying??

@Skassa I am assuming you have FCC mode. Any chance you can copy over the contents of the file:
com.google.maps.api.android.lib6.drd.PREFERENCES_FILE.xml from your device. its in the same folder as the one you previously mentioned (root \ data\data\etc)

There is nothing personal in it, but am interested in what it has for Country Code, and how this reflects to your actual country
No problem this is the:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
<string name="Cohort">866</string>
<string name="LegalCountry">IT</string>
<long name="SessionID" value="-5447173307397986840" />
</map>

Reactions: d95gas
So is the general consensus not to update the Anafi as Parrot have done something to over-ride the Mod app???

Is there any way to stop the update when you go into the app? I'm assuming just disabling wifi/data so that it doesnt pickup the update and forces the Anafi to update before flying??
The app modded not autoupdate and if you not click on firmware update button never update.

The app modded not autoupdate and if you not click on firmware update button never update.

I hope so !:cool:
I overlook the unacceptable fact that googlestore hosts trial versions (such as rc) and as a solution I suggest you choose to only manually update applications from googlestore.
Do not upgrade the firmware despite appearing in the application.

10 days ago I made 4 full flights without any problems. (with 6.6.2 mod FCC and 1.6.3, ignoring the indication that there is a firmware update το 1.6.4....)

Many of people having problems with the latest update, 6.6.5 and 1.6.4.
So I recommend you guys to stay with the old versions unless it forces you to update your drone and the controller.

Recently 3 Anafis have fallen down without any reason in Korea.
I don't trust the latest version of app and firmware. so I don't want to upload what I don't trust.

I'm interested in installing FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC on a Samsung tablet. (no previous installation of Freeflight apk)
How can this happen?
The procedure you recommend on page 1 indicates that the original version 6.6.2 must be installed first!
And how can this be done now that this version doesn't exist?
and version 6.6.5 _rc1is for garbage?
For all of us who are interested in having FCC mod and probably for any new user we need to know exactly what to do
What do you suggest ;

Download THIS file. This is the original FreeFlight 6 v6.6.2 APK from APKMirror. Just ignore the "There's a more recent version available below!" notification as you don't want to install that.
Set everything up, until you see the main menu (let it do the sync if it starts). Once it's done, just delete it, then install the modded one from the thread.

• Love
Reactions: crossroad
No problem this is the:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
<string name="Cohort">866</string>
<string name="LegalCountry">IT</string>
<long name="SessionID" value="-5447173307397986840" />
</map>

Thanks for that.

I have tried setting this file to the same string as yours, in addition have tried "US" and "USA". There is some connection between it and Google on the device, as it more or less instantly overwrites it back to my own country code "UK"

So I guess I will have to start digging deeper. Wednesday I am on a hotel stopover (Work) so going to do a bit reading up on ADB options to see if I can get anywhere by directly connecting to the Anafi.

Have also put Android Studio on the laptop, see if I can get anywhere. I am guessing they have the system locked down on the Anafi.... But we assumed the same with the Mavic in the early days.... and look what happend there ;)

Thanks for that.

I have tried setting this file to the same string as yours, in addition have tried "US" and "USA". There is some connection between it and Google on the device, as it more or less instantly overwrites it back to my own country code "UK"

So I guess I will have to start digging deeper. Wednesday I am on a hotel stopover (Work) so going to do a bit reading up on ADB options to see if I can get anywhere by directly connecting to the Anafi.

Have also put Android Studio on the laptop, see if I can get anywhere. I am guessing they have the system locked down on the Anafi.... But we assumed the same with the Mavic in the early days.... and look what happend there ;)
That file is used for Google Maps.
I know that file well, and many of Korean users have modified it because Google blocks Korean users to use "high definition map" service.

It is set during the initial setup of the app, and never changes after that.
Legal country code is received from your "sim card".

To modify the file, you need to copy the modified one before opening a map, or use VPN+FakeGPS and no sim.
1. remove all data of the app
2. run the app, and force quit when you see the main menu
3-1. copy the file using adb runas(my mod app already has debuggable setting for this reason)
3-2. or remove your sim card and use VPN+Fake GPS combination, and then open a map.

However, I believe the file only works for the map.

That file is used for Google Maps.
I know that file well, and many of Korean users have modified it because Google blocks Korean users to use "high definition map" service.

It is set during the initial setup of the app, and never changes after that.
Legal country code is received from your "sim card".

To modify the file, you need to copy the modified one before opening a map, or use VPN+FakeGPS and no sim.
1. remove all data of the app
2. run the app, and force quit when you see the main menu
3-1. copy the file using adb runas(my mod app already has debuggable setting for this reason)
3-2. or remove your sim card and use VPN+Fake GPS combination, and then open a map.

However, I believe the file only works for the map.

Thanks Buddy,

Phone I have been using for this exercise has no SIM as it wont work in the UK, AT&T Huawei XT2. Never had to do any trickery since you released the modified APK file.

Since the update, I have been trying to get back to FCC using any trick available, inc FakeGPS, which when configured:

Weather map shows me in New York
Google map shows me in New York
FF6 Map shows me in New York

Yet stuck in CE Mode. Just waiting to see what Parrot are going to do as there is a significant detrimental effect on many Anafi's out there, each day more and more users are reporting issues, which makes everyone else nervous about the use.

Parrot could lose a lot of customers, and certainly any new customers doing some research ahead of purchase, could be put off by going the Parrot route.

This weekend I shall be getting the Mavic Pro out, Anafi is just not worth risking at the current time.

Hi to all,
I just received the answer from Parrot.

I told that I had all newest updates, (1.6.4 and FF6.6.5-rc1), but the fcc channels in Greece locked at these without issues etc. Before I used only fake gps and it seems locked new firmware with that. Τhere is a problem with that at firmware or software ?

Answer
Please note that the new FCC channel rules are legal obligations and there is nothing that Parrot can do to change that.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi to all,
I just received the answer from Parrot.

I told that I had all newest updates, (1.6.4 and FF6.6.5-rc1), but the fcc channels in Greece locked at these without issues etc. Before I used only fake gps and it seems locked new firmware with that. Τhere is a problem with that at firmware or software ?

Answer
Please note that the new FCC channel rules are legal obligations and there is nothing that Parrot can do to change that.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
so I was right when I wrote that the rules are tightening in the EU and that's why Parrot did something with firmware. So, if you find that you are in a CE country, the new firmware will close this forever. From now on, you can only upgrade if you want FCC, set it up with the modded app, remove the SIM card and update indoors without GPS or with Fake GPS.

Hello, anyone has find a solution for set FCC on the latest fw? I just tried with no SIM + fakegps indoor with no result...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dardo