Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Ok, I flew today with the modded app.
Before I had already the latest app on my phone, but did not update RC or Anafi.
So I got rid of it and installed the "FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC_Selectable"

I have to mention, I am in a "kind off" FCC place, right now, Thailand seems to be FCC for Parrot and DJI, at least.

So I had 1-11 plus the channels in the 40s and the 149-165

Did chose 11, restarted the bird, got NO 40s, but still just 1-11(149 ....), no 12 and 13.
Reason for that?
Being in an FCC area, perhaps?
Did not fly with that setup, changed back to "full" FCC, I'd say, and flew a litchi created mission

So many thanks to ds2atc for this app and the options!

For the mission thing with litchi hub converting to Anafi, I'll post in that topic later.
It worked great, but have some questions to ask!

Last edited:
I think after this change in the FW I'm going to sell the anafi and get a Autel Evo 2... Having to restrict me in Australia to CE is just ridiculous - especially when we are considered FCC here.. In most places I can't get any more than a 100-200m flying on 2.4ghz (I dont get any 5.8ghz channels here without the mod), so its totally pointless...

Thanks Parrot for ruining a good thing..

Last edited:
Any news from the developer team? I wish for some solution, otherwise I will sell it. I get 500 mt then I lost signal, useless

A friend of mine has an anafi never updated, my question is: If he put in FCC by using fakegps and launch the update from the ff 6.6.4 it will go in CE? Anyone has tried?

Have you tried hard resetting the Anafi and start with a formatted SD card?
I can't judge yet, all my flight places I tried my Anafi are in valley with pine trees, fly above them and after 400mt I start dropping off. I see all people doing long range are mostly in hilly places that have direct line of sight with the Anafi, and that is very important.

Have you tried hard resetting the Anafi and start with a formatted SD card?
I can't judge yet, all my flight places I tried my Anafi are in valley with pine trees, fly above them and after 400mt I start dropping off. I see all people doing long range are mostly in hilly places that have direct line of sight with the Anafi, and that is very important.
Yes but anyway is more than half than fcc

A friend of mine has an anafi never updated, my question is: If he put in FCC by using fakegps and launch the update from the ff 6.6.4 it will go in CE? Anyone has tried?

If he uses the Modded APK sorted by our friend "Ds2atc" then he wont need to use FakeGPS.

Install the modded APK, power up and check that you have FCC Channels, if its showing FCC channels, then update and you should be ok and stick on FCC.

If you DONT use the modded APK, then likelihood is, that you will be locked to whatever you device is displaying at the time.

Ultimately if you dont see any need to update the firmware, and dont need additional functions, then stick with the drone as is and the modded APK file. Not sure whether eventually the drone will force an update.

If he uses the Modded APK sorted by our friend "Ds2atc" then he wont need to use FakeGPS.

Install the modded APK, power up and check that you have FCC Channels, if its showing FCC channels, then update and you should be ok and stick on FCC.

If you DONT use the modded APK, then likelihood is, that you will be locked to whatever you device is displaying at the time.

Ultimately if you dont see any need to update the firmware, and dont need additional functions, then stick with the drone as is and the modded APK file. Not sure whether eventually the drone will force an update.
The problem is that old fw has altitude limit, with that modded apk is it possible to update or is possible in some way to have the good 1.6.3 (the best one for me)

That seems not to be possible, yet.
Assumingly, you do the update for the Anafi, it goes to latest.

Hello guys. For this momment which mod app should I install to have fcc mode? I'm from Poland. I cant download any from this forum.It is written that the file is no longer available

Hello guys. For this momment which mod app should I install to have fcc mode? I'm from Poland. I cant download any from this forum.It is written that the file is no longer available

this one, from topic starting post:
or this one :
(which is an update, you can chose to be "CE" or "FCC")

But the main concern : Have you updated the fw of the anafi to 6.6.5, already?
If yes, you may be not be able to switch any longer!

On one of my phones Yes.But now I wanted to install fcc on another phone

Sorry, I confused the fw version number with the App version
Did you update the Anafi, with the 6.6.5 app, already to fw version 1.6.4?
Or is the Anafi still on 1.6.3 (or below)?

fw is inside the app or it require a data connection?
As far as I understand that, the app will download the fw, once you touch the "update now" button and have a internet connection. Whenever you have an internet connection, after you gave permission to update.
And update the bird, as soon it is connected to the anafi

And I strongly assume, after a little while (using the 6.6.5 at least), it will become a "must update or grounded"
"The reason" for that will be, that the newest FF6 needs, spontaneously, also the newest fw in bird and RC
:eek:

And if on the bird there is an old fw there is no way to remove the altitude limit? It is managed by the fw or the app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dardo