Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi Firmware & Battery Update March 4th 2020 V1.6.5_FF6 V6.6.6

Thanks for the reply at least, I know now, I was very surprised it hadn't auto landed to be honest.
I just have to keep my eye on the battery meter that way hopefully it will stay in one piece.

I just got back from flying with the latest update and I can report all is well. No more sync at all. The only thing I'm noticing is I don't think automatic rth on low battery is working, which is fine with me. I sent it on a long (3km) flight plan into an 8mph head wind and it completed the mission even though the batt was at 50% at the far end.

Oh my God!! After update 3 anafi battery
The battery's are dead? OK not really dead but unable to get them out hybernate mode ot whatever there in right now I have strange led indications after the firmware update.. Plugged with newest Samsung usb- c charger start flashing slow like, led 1 2 3 4.. 1 2 3 4 than faster and faster and faster until all led flash together for a 30 sec after that the battery is dead.. After firmware update unable to power up my anafi or to charge.. Tried Manny usbs cables AL kind of charger units the only difference I notice is this..charge with powerbank gives normal charge status but ends after 1 minute with a red flash into nothing charge with wallplug charger results into the fast buildup blinking leds

WOW
Never seen this before. Making you do a battery update also.
Each battery needs to be updated. It takes a little while and the battery needs to be plugged into a power supply.
I wonder if this will take care of the sudden power drop some have experienced?
In my case it resulted into useless battery packs (3) not able to reactivate them, not able to power up my drone, therefore not able to do future battery updates, cause the anafi will not fire up. In my case this is a real expensive update I hope there will be a way to fix my almost never used new battery pacs

Hard reset NoGo,

Oh my God!! After update 3 anafi battery
The battery's are dead? OK not really dead but unable to get them out hybernate mode ot whatever there in right now I have strange led indications after the firmware update.. Plugged with newest Samsung usb- c charger start flashing slow like, led 1 2 3 4.. 1 2 3 4 than faster and faster and faster until all led flash together for a 30 sec after that the battery is dead.. After firmware update unable to power up my anafi or to charge.. Tried Manny usbs cables AL kind of charger units the only difference I notice is this..charge with powerbank gives normal charge status but ends after 1 minute with a red flash into nothing charge with wallplug charger results into the fast buildup blinking leds

This is part of the update.
Connect the battery with your drone.
Connect your smartphone with sc3.
Plug in charger into battery of drone.
Run ff6. Power up the drone, and wait for the flash sequence to finish.
This takes abt 10-15 minutes for each battery uptate. Just wait until it is over and you should be fine.

10 or 15 minutes for each battery?
For myself, it was about 3 minutes for each one. And not because of my internet speed, because mine is very low....
Maybe there are multiples sort of batteries ?
Mines are 1 year old, reference MCBAT00019B

This takes abt 10-15 minutes for each battery uptate. Just wait until it is over and you should be fine.
There is no way to power uo the drone if battery connected with USB-c the power button not functional, without power same i
Hero!!!!! It's was stuck in the update process, thanks & greetings from the Netherlands

Hero!!!!! It's was stuck in the update process, thanks & greetings from the Netherlands

I had the exact same problem as you Koehorst, and thought my battery was "kaputt".
After updating the FF6 app I followed the advice from Lufthaken and now my battery is fully functional again.

Thanks!

Now we just need to verify if they work well or if the birds are falling down, at 20+% battery.
Any takers?

Reactions: Fmaxii
Well.... that’s exactly what I would like to do, at a low altitude, few meters from ground, but it’s raining a little bit today... I prefer to wait;)

Just don't forget: I case the batteries working few meters over ground, that does not say, they doing that 20 meters in the air.
I just think, the ground sensors could cover that "falling" problem.

:unsure:

If I remember that right, watching that on an Air data record, 5ish meter is visual height limit.
Sometime after that it becomes a "0"

If I remember that right, watching that on an Air data record, 5ish meter is visual height limit.
Sometime after that it becomes a "0"

I thought it was 3 meters or around 9 feet but I could be wrong. I know that my Autel is 9 feet so maybe that is why I am thinking the Anafi is also.

Was out this morning doing a range test just because of all this talk about being stuck in CE mode. I connected FF6 to the Anafi and my Android phone. Left Airplane mode off as I always fly this way anyways. I have found turning it on or off has no noticeable affect. I proceeded to take off and as I flew out I started to climb to 200 feet. Flew at 200 feet and watch the Wi-Fi meter in the App. I was out (986Meters) 3234 feet, well beyond VLOS and I still had good signal. No break ups in signal at all. As it is still winter here I started getting cold and decided I was satisfied with the range and there is no difference for me from any other firmware update so I turned it around and flew back. I could have gone well over a mile but what was the point when you cannot see the UAV anymore.

ZXd3uBW.png

Reactions: d95gas
I think we have to accept that those stuck in CE mode are going to have to live with it.

I have done some more testing today with the beta version of AR.Pro4, in that system you can select any of the available countries, incl US, CA, DE, FR, GB.

When you start the application it is set to US. It then connects to the controller and Anafi and immediately locks to FR. (I am in GB)

Each time you try changing the country code, it stays for maybe 2 secs then goes back to FR. I have some some log captures to send to the developer to see if they can get any insight as to what Parrot as done.

But as soon as the wind drops here in the UK (and it does occasionally) I will do a range test. As the CAA is now clamping down on us, we are going to have to comply with the letter of law, and ensure we stick to VLOS. So for me its what it is.

I do feel for you guys in FCC who are stuck in CE mode, BUT, as Augustine has shown, we should only be flying VLOS anyway, and the Anafi seems to give us that without too many drama's..... as long as the battery issue is resolved.

Its either that or sell up and get rid of Parrot....... Plenty of other devices out there with no restrictions at all.

Just tested my Anafi with all last updates. it was its first flight this year.
Nothing to declare, it works fine.
I used the battery until it reached 12%, without problem.
Except that i doubt i really was in fcc mode, even if i see the fcc channels, here in France. Lots of wifi interferences starting at 400 or 500 meters away, depending of the direction I went.
Before, in CE mode, i used to go higher to have a better wifi signal, but it was not possible today to go higher than 50 meters, because of the wind.
But in fact, it works nice, as it worked before...

Reactions: d95gas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73