Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Time To Update Your Anafi

Hi group,
I've just made my update now... for my first Anafi.
But when I tried to update my second one.... the FF6 app dont change of drone and show me the datas of the 1rst.
I forgot how to appair my App with the drone.
Thanks for your help.
Bonsoir,
Je vais répondre en Français ... il me semble que sur la page des caractéristiques du skycontroller il y a la possibilité de "changer de drone" ?

Reactions: Zamzara
Hi guys, Say, I went out flying today and tried several of the new features of Freeflight 6. Overall, some nice additions. I went to a park adjacent to a sewage treatment plant and tried flying the same path towards the sewage treatment plan, stopping about 300 feet away, and then zooming in to the maximum lossless zoom of 2.9x. I did this for 1080p HDR and 1080p non HDR. When I got home, I played the videos of the two flights and noticed a pretty dramatic falloff in the clarity when using 1080p HDR setting and zooming in to 2.9x Below are the two screenshots from the videos, the top one is from 1080p with the HDR turned off and the bottom one is 1080p with the HDR turned on. You can see the difference in the clarity between the two. Anyone else experience this?
screen-shot-10-26-18-at-07-24-pm-copy-jpg.393
Screen Shot 10-26-18 at 07.23 PM copy.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 10-26-18 at 07.24 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 10-26-18 at 07.24 PM copy.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 271
I have not had a chance to try this yet but my guess the camera is only calibrated for HDR at the default focal point.
Have you noticed this in 4K video also?

A common HDR capture technique results in halved resolution. Could be what they use.

I did try the same set of two videos with 4K also, but I could not get the zoom to work in 4K HDR mode, so I could not compare. But I also did ithe comparison t in 2.7K and the same thing happened as in the 1080P videos - lossless zooming with HDR on provided a less clear video than when HDR is off, although it is not as pronounced as in the 1080P comparison. The look of the HDR video has improved from the original version and there is less noise, but I think you need to be aware, at least from my experience, if you use the lossless zoom in an HDR 1080P or 2.7K video, it appears you will loose clarity.

Might be a good idea to report your findings on the google play store for the App. They do read the reviews and send in the reports to the developers.

Might be a good idea to report your findings on the google play store for the App. They do read the reviews and send in the reports to the developers.
I reported directly to Parrot and sent the "App Halted" message. To report in Google Play is a good idea too.

Reactions: Ton
Nice. Not so surprising it wasn't caught though since nobody in their right mind should be flying down to 10%...

A great feature for this update is you can frame a subject in cameraman and follow me . Top bottom left right etc.
Someone pointed out to me earlier and this isn't on any drone yet I think !

I normally do not go down to the 10% battery level, but I just was out flying and went down to 9% and all was fine. App still was working fine and did not freeze. Ended up landing with 8%. All Anafi and Freeflight 6 updates applied - running Android 7.0 on my phone.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh