Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Time To Update Your Anafi

I was flying yesterday. in video mode it was smooth (stabilised) but the moment I switched modes to take a photo, the camera was all over the place - unstabilised.. weird. I thought both video and camera modes were stabilised???
No photo mode is not.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cheetah2k
Is this yaw stabilisation that we are talking about? I assume that pitch and roll should be stabilised in both video and photo by the gimbal.
I think that's true.
On the yaw axis the (electronic) stabilization depends on the photo mode: if the mode uses the whole sensor, then a yaw stabilization is not possible.

but you stopped the video, turned the drone toward the pier and took a picture? then started a video again and the drone seemed stable again. is it perhaps a problem with the gimbal on your drone being buffeted by wind from the front?

No, I've done a couple more tests and it's definitely a problem with POIs in flight plan, and I think only when the height is 0.

No, I've done a couple more tests and it's definitely a problem with POIs in flight plan, and I think only when the height is 0.
Its been documented on Parrot facebook page by others that Flightplan is screwed up since the update and mostly to do with the POI option.

On a positive note the new POIs in touch and fly work very well - especially the parabola and orbit maneuvers.

There is a new FF6 Update for Android: version 6.2.1

Thanks for the information.

Have just installed the new version. Unfortunately, I can not find any information about what that update contains, so it's probably a bug fix for the last version.

Regards Leif.

Thanks for the information.

Have just installed the new version. Unfortunately, I can not find any information about what that update contains, so it's probably a bug fix for the last version.

Regards Leif.
Yes, I think so. Maybe only a bug fix for the "Android 10% bug".

Just got back in from testing FF6 v6.2.1 and the same issues are still there with Flightplan and POI. Very shaky video and camera will not adjust to where it is suppose to be looking.

Well this is pretty ****.. hopefully they fix it all before last week of November when I'm off on an island vacation with this bird....

Yes, I think so. Maybe only a bug fix for the "Android 10% bug".

I have not the mentioned 10% error on my Android tablet. Unfortunately, it has been quite foggy all the day and I have only let my Anafi hover 10 meters above the courtyard until it landed itself with 9% power back on the battery.

Hope the weather will get better tomorrow so I can see where I am flying.

Regards Leif.

It seems they have lock the option to go higher then 150 meters in flight plan. You cannot go into edit and change it past the default 150 meters. Not a problem for me but some might get upset about that.
But in just in a flight plan? What about just normal stick flying? I’ve updated this am and going to run one of my flight plans. I have an 8 minute morning sunrise survey I run and I’m up to flight 30. I use my Anafi more than any other platform. It’s the quickest, easiest, and most versatile camera in my fleet. My DNG collection of train graffiti is growing nicely. I could not do those shots with anything else as effectively. So happy with the progress and commitment to this little bird.

CraigCam
The option to go any higher then 150 meters\492 feet has been taken away. There is one option if you can load a older version of FreeFlight6 onto a Android phone it will allow you to still punch in something higher.

When you get your project finished please post it to the forums, I am sure it will be very interesting. Really liked that tree one you did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville