Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dropping from the Sky thoughts

This is starting to make me think I made a mistake. Parrot doesn't want to own up to these problems. If I'd trolled here before making a purchase, I'd be hanging with the Evo 1 guys. :cautious:

I called Parrot today and all the guy could say was, if the unit falls from flight, then it's most likely pilot error. I stated, how could it be user error when someone is piloting and the unit falls from flight, how can that be user error? He stated that severe interference could cause the unit to cut off and fall. He also stated, Parrot has not been able to find fault of the drone in these cases, but if one does fall, send it in and they will replace it if its found faulty if it can be retrieved. If not, send in flight data and they will investigate and replace the unit if proved fault of the drone. Make sure battery is fully charged before take off and make certain the battery is not fully charged then stored for a long time. He left with, feel free to fly without fear. :censored:
I believe support told you all this, but I'm not buying most of it. Remember these are likely just the folks logging in trouble tickets, like a call center, and not really educated on Anafi.
If he was talking about severe interference from a direct lightning strike - ok I believe that ;) -
In addition he told you if anafi could not be retrieved then to send in flight data - again wrong, you cannot retrieve flight data if anafi does not complete its flight - so wrong again
My guess is if you called back you may get a different story
btw.... they did replace one of my drones that was lost, I had no data at all, just my word of what I witnessed, which was not much
I'm not defending Parrot but they did replace it - so they are not all bad, just difficult to deal with

I believe support told you all this, but I'm not buying most of it. Remember these are likely just the folks logging in trouble tickets, like a call center, and not really educated on Anafi.
If he was talking about severe interference from a direct lightning strike - ok I believe that ;) -
In addition he told you if anafi could not be retrieved then to send in flight data - again wrong, you cannot retrieve flight data if anafi does not complete its flight - so wrong again
My guess is if you called back you may get a different story
btw.... they did replace one of my drones that was lost, I had no data at all, just my word of what I witnessed, which was not much
I'm not defending Parrot but they did replace it - so they are not all bad, just difficult to deal with

I think I I'm going to write something to them and send it up the chain. I bought this as a tool, I can't take these chances.

Reactions: BRC
Severe interference will cause it to FALL?!? WHAT THE HECK they are basically admitting the ANAFI has trash software because if anything it should auto land not FALL and after much research it's the Anafi not the sky remote not the app it's just the anafi...just look at the skydio 2 remote, looks familiar right? That's because it is the exact same remote! But guess what the skydio does that the anafi doesn't....and yes I know the list is long but I mean it doesn't just drop from the sky spontaneously...and get blamed by customer support that it was your fault...I would consider myself a technology nerd and saw the reviews and said to myself it won't happen to me and I was wrong so far it has dropped 3 times I caught it mid air twice once cutting open my index finger and this weekend I took it to do some testing out in the middle of nowhere "little interference" and I'm probably going to post the video and flight data because it was flying crazier than a chicken dropped from a helicopter, it was a little windy but it just didn't want to maintain orientation even after a reset and calibration...oh and the kicker, I've had 3 falls one where it actually slammed into the pavement from 300ft and guess how many crashes are registered? Zero
Hello Gundam -
may be a a good idea to post flight data for one of your ill fated flights
one of the experienced folks on forum may make sense of it and be able to help-
if i recall you bought this bird used and not sure of history?
Json logs will reveal some basic data - among them wifi connection, battery condition, and I think flying mode
I'm just guessing, but I was thinking from your previous posts that it may be a battery issue
Wishing you the best of luck

Reactions: Gundamx9x1
Hello Gundam -
may be a a good idea to post flight data for one of your ill fated flights
one of the experienced folks on forum may make sense of it and be able to help-
if i recall you bought this bird used and not sure of history?
Json logs will reveal some basic data - among them wifi connection, battery condition, and I think flying mode
I'm just guessing, but I was thinking from your previous posts that it may be a battery issue
Wishing you the best of luck
Thanks! I will do it tomorrow, and yes it looks like you've been keeping up with me haha, I bought two new batteries for a whopping 100 each and stopped using the original but interestingly the problem exacerbated when I switched from cinematic to race mode...race mode being pretty much unusable so unless there is some way to test each individual sensor there is no way to tell for sure

I called Parrot today and all the guy could say was, if the unit falls from flight, then it's most likely pilot error. I stated, how could it be user error when someone is piloting and the unit falls from flight, how can that be user error? He stated that severe interference could cause the unit to cut off and fall. He also stated, Parrot has not been able to find fault of the drone in these cases, but if one does fall, send it in and they will replace it if its found faulty if it can be retrieved. If not, send in flight data and they will investigate and replace the unit if proved fault of the drone. Make sure battery is fully charged before take off and make certain the battery is not fully charged then stored for a long time. He left with, feel free to fly without fear. :censored:

Well I can disagree with that.
I don't see how any fall from sky is pilot error unless they placed the battery in wrong where the back end is not flush.
I have now had two different drones fall with two different batteries.
1 from 300 feet (If I remember correctly) AGL and 15 feet away vertical. I did receive an Interference warning, but I lowered my AGL. Then 1 minute later it fell.
The other was on a test flight in my living room 10 feet away and hovering at 5 to 8 feet. No interference at all. This was after the same battery had a forced autoland at 20% while using Pix4D Capture. The power cut to all 4 motors at the same time and it fell straight down and landed on its feet like a cat.
I baby my batteries too. Let them discharge when not in use. Only charge them when I have a planned flight. Rotate them so all have a similar number of charges. Never let them sit in a hot car. Never charge them without cooling them. Never use them after charging without cooling them.
There is zero pilot error in both of my cases, only a failure that stops all motors at the same time, if this is the battery or something else, only Parrot engineers could tell if they chose to fully investigate it.

Customer Support is a joke. They denied my warranty claim on my Anafi Thermal. I only got warranty service after I contacted an executive in Parrot and pretty much ripped their company. I was surprised I got any response let alone a "send in the drone ASAP and we will replace it along with train Customer Support."

If this current Customer Support is going to handle the Anafi USA claims, then I do not see how Parrot is going to do well. Enterprise Customers are not going to put up with an uneducated, slacker mentality service and if single organizations order large numbers and the Anafi USA suffers the same problems (I am not sure how close the Anafi and Anafi USA are in hardware and software), then word will get out quickly.

I think I have decided to move away from Parrot completely, although I still have not made a decision. I may move away from Pix4D and the Anafi USA (I was really considering this) as there are other new products out there that I am finding to be very compelling. The zenith looking camera has just been a lot of use on several different missions I have flown. My real job also isn't really considering the Anafi USA too since they know of my drama and alot of missions flown there are in urban to dense urban areas and a drone falling could cause serious problems.

Well I can disagree with that.
I don't see how any fall from sky is pilot error unless they placed the battery in wrong where the back end is not flush.
I have now had two different drones fall with two different batteries.
1 from 300 feet (If I remember correctly) AGL and 15 feet away vertical. I did receive an Interference warning, but I lowered my AGL. Then 1 minute later it fell.
The other was on a test flight in my living room 10 feet away and hovering at 5 to 8 feet. No interference at all. This was after the same battery had a forced autoland at 20% while using Pix4D Capture. The power cut to all 4 motors at the same time and it fell straight down and landed on its feet like a cat.
I baby my batteries too. Let them discharge when not in use. Only charge them when I have a planned flight. Rotate them so all have a similar number of charges. Never let them sit in a hot car. Never charge them without cooling them. Never use them after charging without cooling them.
There is zero pilot error in both of my cases, only a failure that stops all motors at the same time, if this is the battery or something else, only Parrot engineers could tell if they chose to fully investigate it.

Customer Support is a joke. They denied my warranty claim on my Anafi Thermal. I only got warranty service after I contacted an executive in Parrot and pretty much ripped their company. I was surprised I got any response let alone a "send in the drone ASAP and we will replace it along with train Customer Support."

If this current Customer Support is going to handle the Anafi USA claims, then I do not see how Parrot is going to do well. Enterprise Customers are not going to put up with an uneducated, slacker mentality service and if single organizations order large numbers and the Anafi USA suffers the same problems (I am not sure how close the Anafi and Anafi USA are in hardware and software), then word will get out quickly.

I think I have decided to move away from Parrot completely, although I still have not made a decision. I may move away from Pix4D and the Anafi USA (I was really considering this) as there are other new products out there that I am finding to be very compelling. The zenith looking camera has just been a lot of use on several different missions I have flown. My real job also isn't really considering the Anafi USA too since they know of my drama and alot of missions flown there are in urban to dense urban areas and a drone falling could cause serious problems.
Agreed. And pair that to the fact that it doesn't have an emergency stop button...would have saved my finger getting cut...and also agree on the interference from urban areas but some more interesting info in the ff6 app you can only go up to channel 165 but in the arruiga app (I think I spelled it wrong) it goes up to 167 which is a much more stable channel. But yeah I hate to say it because I had high hopes for anafi but they just don't care about the little people anymore ever since they got the military contract this year not even their thermal! It's stupid because the competition in the military is far more stringent and they can't hold a candle to other companies the skydio is basically the anafi on steroids as it does everything and more at only 300 dollars more? Come on anafi! One of the selling points was the affordability but what does that matter if you're going to eventually lose or crash it?

How is it possible that I have 20+ flight hours logged on Anafi without a single crash?

I use iPhone screen recording ALWAYS. even if I did have a malfunction, I would have a new anafi sent to me in less than 24 hours believe me

Hello everyone, I got an update and my suspicions were correct!!! So I was very bored and decided to practice flying my Anafi in my garage as I'm pretty comfortable flying it now but when the lights in my garage turned off "motion sensor" the anafi began to fly more erratically and when I reached over to flip it to turn off it displayed an error I have never seen and I looked it up and nothing it snowed "too dark to stabilize drone" I wanted to drop the anafi to screenshot it but I wasn't about to do that but this pretty much proves that it does indeed rely allot on the optical flow sensor on the bottom, and supports previous messages I posted about it not being able to properly fly at night and this is also why I believe flying at sunset in specific is an accident waiting to happen as the sensors can not compensate....

Hello everyone, I got an update and my suspicions were correct!!! So I was very bored and decided to practice flying my Anafi in my garage as I'm pretty comfortable flying it now but when the lights in my garage turned off "motion sensor" the anafi began to fly more erratically and when I reached over to flip it to turn off it displayed an error I have never seen and I looked it up and nothing it snowed "too dark to stabilize drone" I wanted to drop the anafi to screenshot it but I wasn't about to do that but this pretty much proves that it does indeed rely allot on the optical flow sensor on the bottom, and supports previous messages I posted about it not being able to properly fly at night and this is also why I believe flying at sunset in specific is an accident waiting to happen as the sensors can not compensate....
Unless you have gps and are outside

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh