Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

My only thinking on this new way of switch to FCC channels with the Modded APK, is it literally just doing a software switch within the application and therefore you can see the FCC channels, BUT, has it switched the hardware to output on the high power that FCC would use?

Need someone with the correct sort of equipment to measure the power output of this.

There is the option of flying in normal mode and then flying in this "FCC" mode and comparing distance, but I really think the only real test is by measuring the total radiated power of the antenna system. That would give us the definitive answer on whether this is real world FCC.

Reactions: crossroad
My only thinking on this new way of switch to FCC channels with the Modded APK, is it literally just doing a software switch within the application and therefore you can see the FCC channels, BUT, has it switched the hardware to output on the high power that FCC would use?

Need someone with the correct sort of equipment to measure the power output of this.

There is the option of flying in normal mode and then flying in this "FCC" mode and comparing distance, but I really think the only real test is by measuring the total radiated power of the antenna system. That would give us the definitive answer on whether this is real world FCC.
good morning!
ok,thank you for the info.i have make the setup on the roof of my house and that for i didn't have make a range test.realy i don't interest to fly war away but to have staty conection!

I might be in a position to do this sometime in the next few days. I have a power meter that covers nearly all the ISM allocations. However as there is no easy way to tap into the signal path of the of the SC3 the best I can do is perform relative signal strength measurements over a set distance between the FCC and CE settings.

Nidge.

That could be done without a meter, even without violating the VLOS rules.
And in the city!
Pilot stands with remote attached to something, not moveable, in "CE" on the balcony/open windows
"Spotter" takes bird in car, starts it and drives slowly away till pilot says "connection lost".
(Whats app, FB, whatever!)
Car stops, pilot changes to "FCC".
If the bird does not reconnect, ....!
To make sure, drive back to starting point, reconnect, drive again till "connection lost"
FCC should, at least in channel 165, give a real longer distance, compared to CE
Which means, if "CE" gets only 50-100m in the city, and the other gets 100-200, that is saying about the same, like flying it 500 in CE and 1000+ in FCC on flat areas
And, of course, you need to do that a couple of times for each setting.
Without a powermeter.
;)

And in the city!
Pilot stands with remote attached to something, not moveable, in "CE" on the balcony/open windows
"Spotter" takes bird in car, starts it and drives slowly away till pilot says "connection lost".
To make sure, drive back to starting point, reconnect, drive again till "connection lost"
FCC should, at least in channel 165, give a real longer distance, compared to CE
Which means, if "CE" gets only 50-100m in the city, and the other gets 100-200, that is saying about the same, like flying it 500 in CE and 1000+ in FCC on flat areas
Without a powermeter.
;)
And in the city!
Without a powermeter.
;)

I think my power/field strength setup will be more definitive and a lot easier to do. I wouldn’t even need to leave the comfort of my living room to do it which is just as well as we are currently confined to quarters, or on lockdown.

Nidge

I think my power/field strength setup will be more definitive and a lot easier to do. I wouldn’t even need to leave the comfort of my living room to do it which is just as well as we are currently confined to quarters, or on lockdown.

Nidge

Don't blame me, you just put the pressure on you!
:sneaky:

That's a great news you got FCC back.

Modded app's updating part is exactly the same with that of an original app. so, I guess updating the new firmware on the modded is safe.

If others also are able to change the mode normally as before, by using original/modded app, I will add a mode choice function later.
Any FF6.6.7 FCC mod? :)

Hi, I have FF6_6.66.204_FCC.apk and 1.6.7 software version . Drone have GPS signal but a dont have RTH icon. I'm afraid when drone loose signal doesn't come back . What should I do?

FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC

FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC

This app has potential risks since its code has been modified.
Do this at your own risk.

Thanks,

- If your Anafi's version is 1.6.3 or lower, you have 2 choices:
1. stay at 1.6.3 since there are some issues with v1.6.4~1.6.7.
2. update your dron with the modded app only
- Update 1.6.4 with 6.6.2.203_FCC
- Update 1.6.5 with 6.6.6.204_FCC

- If you already have updated your drone to 1.6.4 or higher with the original app, you need to wait until Parrot patches the problem with the newer version. Parrot already recognized the problem and said it will be patched with the next version.

- If you have problem while initial synchronization,
1. Install FreeFlight 6 on official Play Store.
2. Navigate to /Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/
3. rename the folder such as com.parrot.freeflight5
4. Uninstall the official app, and install FF6_FCC
5. rename the folder to original
Hello, it's 29/mar/2020, I'm in Portugal and I have my Anafi with 1.6.7.version. If I did understand it's is not possible for me to upgrade do the FCC Freeflight version and Parrot seems not to disclose the correct patches.
I have tried today a flight dowloading the 6.6.6.204_FCC file but the maximum range stays the same as usual (+/- 700 meteres with image).
Does anyone knows how to overcome this dificultie ?

Reactions: Zigzag84
Hello, it's 29/mar/2020, I'm in Portugal and I have my Anafi with 1.6.7.version. If I did understand it's is not possible for me to upgrade do the FCC Freeflight version and Parrot seems not to disclose the correct patches.
I have tried today a flight dowloading the 6.6.6.204_FCC file but the maximum range stays the same as usual (+/- 700 meteres with image).
Does anyone knows how to overcome this dificultie ?

Hi , sorry but there's no solution has for now , and possibly it will stay on CE with a limited range for ever ,
Parrot new policies to impose the Law ,

Hi , sorry but there's no solution has for now , and possibly it will stay on CE with a limited range for ever ,
Parrot new policies to impose the Law ,

Yes but you are in a Country (Canada?) with FCC not CE.
They are bound to find a solution, especially for those of you who are locked up for an unjustified reason (while you shouldn't).

Which Parrot of course not wanna get "us" another chance to breach it!
So they assumingly will test that solution, to get FCC birds the FCC back, with the lock still on, for CE birds
Before they release it. That would be new, methinks ;-)

Yes but you are in a Country (Canada?) with FCC not CE.
They are bound to find a solution, especially for those of you who are locked up for an unjustified reason (while you shouldn't).

Hope so ... (y) mean while , am buying something else ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut