Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

1.6.4 was the version that has caused so many issues. Be very cautious when you fly with this.

1.65 came out and that is the one that updates the battery packs.
1.6.7 was SUPPOSED to fix the issues caused by 1.6.4 with the "CountryCode" issue, but hasn't, in addition Parrot dont seem to be too keen to post information on what was supposed to be fixed.

I think at the moment everyone's hopes are on 1.6.8 or whatever number they come out with
Thank you! Can u please tell me more regarding 1.6.5 and battery pack update ?

Thank you! Can u please tell me more regarding 1.6.5 and battery pack update ?
I didnt update my 3rd battery on 1.6.5. But updated the drone to 1.6.7. This version doesn't want update my third battery.... So I have now 2 updated, ad one without the updated battery firmware :-( ?????

FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC

FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC

This app has potential risks since its code has been modified.
Do this at your own risk.

Thanks,

- If your Anafi's version is 1.6.3 or lower, you must follow below:
1. Update 1.6.4 with 6.6.2.203_FCC
2. Update 1.6.5 with 6.6.6.204_FCC

- If you already have updated your drone to 1.6.4 or higher with the original app, you need to wait until Parrot patches the problem with the newer version. Parrot already recognized the problem and said it will be patched with the next version.

- If you have problem while initial synchronization,
1. Install FreeFlight 6 on official Play Store.
2. Navigate to /Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/
3. rename the folder such as com.parrot.freeflight5
4. Uninstall the official app, and install FF6_FCC
5. rename the folder to original
PLEASE, edit your first message one more time and add information that upgrading Anafi from FW v.1.6.3 to FW v.1.6.4 or v.1.6.5 could be ALSO very risky (even MORE RISKY than using modded app) as one may lose Anafi's range of flight, stability of remote control connection, stability of battery work and drone itself. Especially, if they update FW using original FF6 app.
Because people just DON'T READ the whole topic, they look to the first message and think that updating Anafi from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 and then to 1.6.5 is good by all means and should be done anyway (no matter with what app). The present view of the first message in this topic leaves them no other choices. Then they update it and lose a part of their Anafi's capabilities and history repeats itself. This story repeats over and over again even if newcomers read a part of this topic or just the first message. I keep seeing their messages in this topic.
ds2atc, I urge you to add to your first message in this topic a mention that staying with fw 1.6.3 on Anafi drone (without updating it) is also a good option so far. Using modded FF6 6.6.2.203_FCC or original app and IGNORING its suggestions to update drone's FW to 1.6.4 or higher (1.6.5, 1.6.7). AS THERE'S NO ROLLBACK OF FIRMWARE.
I, personally, wait for a stable firmware that really will fix the issues of its predecessors but won't multiply them nor ignore them.

Sorry guys, I don't catch the.battery update
PLEASE, edit your first message one more time and add information that upgrading Anafi from FW v.1.6.3 to FW v.1.6.4 or v.1.6.5 could be ALSO very risky (even MORE RISKY than using modded app) as one may lose Anafi's range of flight, stability of remote control connection, stability of battery work and drone itself. Especially, if they update FW using original FF6 app.
Because people just DON'T READ the whole topic, they look to the first message and think that updating Anafi from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 and then to 1.6.5 is good by all means and should be done anyway (no matter with what app). The present view of the first message in this topic leaves them no other choices. Then they update it and lose a part of their Anafi's capabilities and history repeats itself. This story repeats over and over again even if newcomers read a part of this topic or just the first message. I keep seeing their messages in this topic.
ds2atc, I urge you to add to your first message in this topic a mention that staying with fw 1.6.3 on Anafi drone (without updating it) is also a good option so far. Using modded FF6 6.6.2.203_FCC or original app and IGNORING its suggestions to update drone's FW to 1.6.4 or higher (1.6.5, 1.6.7). AS THERE'S NO ROLLBACK OF FIRMWARE.
I, personally, wait for a stable firmware that really will fix the issues of its predecessors but won't multiply them nor ignore them.
Just to understand : I updated from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 using old 6.4.3_FCC modded. Are risks null since I did not use original FF6? Should I move to 1.6.7 ?

Sorry guys, I don't catch the.battery update

Just to understand : I updated from 1.6.3 to 1.6.4 using old 6.4.3_FCC modded. Are risks null since I did not use original FF6? Should I move to 1.6.7 ?
Finally released:

ANAFI 1.6.7
Regarding the stability issued that some users experienced with drone version 1.6.5, we did our utmost to deploy quickly version 1.6.7. It ensures our users stability and safety in their flights.

Battery firmware update is not supported in version 1.6.7, but it will be available again soon. This functionality is not linked to any issues encountered on version 1.6.5, you can use updated batteries to fly without any risk.

Reactions: antiquant
After putting out release notes like that I cannot see how they could ever reject a customer from getting a replacement. I would even go as far as saying they should replace even if your warranty is done.

Reactions: d95gas
They have just opened themselves right up. I have done a screenshot just for my records should anything happen to my Anafi.

Tested few times. This is how to get the FCC mode. Fake GPS not needed. On each restart need to repeat this process.

FW 1.6.7
FF6_6.6.6.204_FCC.apk

1. Connect everything as usual.

2. While on the network screen, unplug and plug in phone USB cable.

3. You will see the FCC mode (channel 36-48) appears very quickly and disappears.

4. QUICKLY select any 36-48 channel while they appear. If you miss it you need to repeat the unplug cable process.

5. When channel 36-48 is selected, switch to other 5g channel in 149-165. It will switch back to the original 36-48 channel.

6. Force close FF6 app and reopen.

7. Go to network you will see the original 36-48 is still being connected. Now switch to any channel in 149-165. It will switch back to original 36-48 again. You need to repeat this switching process 3-4 times.

8. Wait for few seconds. You will see a full channels of FCC mode appears with your selected channel in 149-165.

9. Switch to any channel from 149-165 you wish to fly if you need to change channel.

Important: do not select channel 36-48 to fly. Anafi is unable to reconnect skycontroller if they disconnect.

Channel 149-165 will still re-reconnect when anafi is within range.

first of all sorry for my english!
hello, i'm new here. i got my anafi a few months ago, i had done all the upgrades with the official FF6. I tried this as you describe it, and I succeeded. i see all the channels post. but I didn't try to fly because it is very windy today. thank you very much!

first of all sorry for my english!
hello, i'm new here. i got my anafi a few months ago, i had done all the upgrades with the official FF6. I tried this as you describe it, and I succeeded. i see all the channels post. but I didn't try to fly because it is very windy today. thank you very much!
Screenshot "of all channels" and FW's, please! ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian